HOW I CURED MY BV!

Posted , 106 users are following.

Hello ladies ! There are many women who suffer from the horrible condition known as BV. I struggled with it for about 3-4 months now and I finally found my cure and I think this will work for a lot of ladies which is why I want to share it all with you ! This is something I came up with myself and it worked ! When I was first diagnosed with it I was prescribed Flagyl and it came right back when I stopped taking the medicine and I got a nasty yeast infection from it. I tried apple cider vinegar and the yogurt tampon thingy, and hydrogen peroxide. It all just worked temporarily. I could still smell the fishy smell after sex, and I still had really watery and annoying discharge. I didn't know what else to do and being around people became such a burden and i was so imbarrassed because of the smell. cry

So finally I looked into the supplements and I went to Walmart and bought two small bottles of acidophilus for about 10-12$. It was 1 billion active cultures each pill. I kept taking the pill orally everyday. Some days I would take like 6 pills.(after i realized women were taking other pills with 10 billion active cultures !) 

IT STILL WASNT WORKING ENOUGH FOR ME ! I COULD STILL SMELL THE FISHY SMELL LINGERING SO I THOUGHT WELL HOW ABOUT THIS!

I took 1 DOUCHE CONTAINER

3-4 ACIDOPHILUS PILLS CRUSHED INTO POWDER

I dumped the powder into the empty douche container carefully (might want to make a small cone so you wont make a mess pouring it in container) and then I added lukewarm/cold water (not hot ! this will kill the good bacteria ). I kept swirling it around to activate the cultures. I sat on the toilet and squirted all those little buggers in there. I held in the liquid as long as I could(3-5 mins) with my vaginal muscles and pinching my lips around the nozzle so the liquid wouldnt just all fall out as soon as being in there.

I did this for 2-3 days and one day after having sex with my boyfriend we noticed the smell was completely gone eek ! I havent had a smell or any watery discharge in a week so far and I am so happy my last attempt worked! 

I would still take some orally just to kind of work the insides of the body even more plus its good for your immune system. Another thing I think helped a lot is DRINKING LOTS OF WATER! I hate water but my body health was way more important ! 

This is all I did and now I am BV free. I now also drink lots of fruit juices now. REAL FRUIT JUICES with vitamins! not the ones with just sugar and corn starch. Ladies try it and  see how it goes. cheesygrin

16 likes, 184 replies

184 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm glad this worked for you but I have done the same thing and got a yeast infection. I wouldn't advise douching. it dries out your vagina and messes your ph. I highly recommend vh essentials bv capsules and a stronger vaginal women's vitamin. 25-50 billion. You must change your insides and replace with good bacteria. 

Again, I am happy this remedy worked for you. I just hope to provide an alternative that worked for me as well smile 

Hope you are still bv free! It's def a battle that is annoying! 

• Posted

I dont know how you got a yeast infection considering the fact that the acidophilus keeps yeast infections away also so maybe you didnt add enough or didnt do it quite right  !. If anything the medicine from the doctor gave me a really bad yeast infection. this way worked for me best. Everyone's body is different. (:
    • Posted

I did it a few times. It gives temporary relief depending how bad you have it. Consistent use is not good. Every day use is not good. Acidiphilus inserted 4-5 at night and ditched in morning. That doesn't stop it from happening. trust me I had the issue for 7months I did everything. I personally would not advise it to be done often. a few times sure but not consecutively no. 
    • Posted

Acidiphilus does not keep it away by the way. It only creates good bacteria. All it takes is one to multiply and spread and acidiphilus wouldn't even stop it from occuring. Everyone has different experiences and thats not to say who has done what or who is doing it wrong. I'm sure we all have done many remedies. So if it works for you, great. I was sharing my own input because I am not the only one who has douched and gotten a yeast infection. 
    • Posted

well if you read my post i said 2-3 days not everyday (: and i had it severly for 3-4 months so if it worked for me it might work for someone else. its been a week and it hasnt came back after doing it once a day before bed for 2 days . so it absolutely can work as a cure because i am still cured of it.
    • Posted

good for you. Hope it doesn't come back after it before your period. Yikes 😳
    • Posted

Yep it is good for me (: and it wont. Its been two weeks and I still have regular discharge and no smell or cramps so it pretty much worked. and I doubt it will considering the fact me and my boyfriend has had sex plenty of times with no smell which also throws off your ph balance and can bring it back but it hasnt came back . Bye (:
    • Posted

That's great. Again, hope it doesn't come back 😊 mine always came back before or after my period. It's an internal imbalance of bacteria so once I realized that, I was able to kick it out completely. Good luck glad that's worked for you this far.
  • Posted

Hello Lisa. I found your advice very interesting and definitely worth a try as this condition is such a blooming nuisance! I'm going to give it a try as I've been plagued with this for years despite being prescribed antibiotics and being very particular about personal hygiene. Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how I get on. I think you should get copyright though!

😁

• Posted

glad I could help (: dont forget to boost your intake of fruits and veggies that helps alot too. and make sure when you shoot the active cultures in your vagina that you pull it out and shake it again because they settle at the bottom quickly because there is soooo many. After that just shoot and squeeze them back in there. I hope it works for you like it did for me. Good luck hun. 
  • Posted

I have been battling BV for over 3 years now. Been prescribed Metronidazole so many times I figured my body was immune to it... Just recently tried Clindamycin and that seemed to help but shortly after I could tell the problem was coming back... A friend of mine then informed me she been putting coconut oil in her vagina daily for years and how great it's been! I went out and bought a jar for $7.50! This has been LIFE CHANGING! NO ODOR, NO DISCHARGE, NO INFECTION!!!  It is a natural antiviral antibacterial so it doesn't upset your flora. It serves as great lube for sex too (not compatible with latex). Here's a link for all the great benefits one can get from coconut oil, this has been my life saver and I hope it helps all of you!! _____

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an URL (a link) from this reply as it was unsuitable for inclusion within these forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

patient.info/forums/discuss/private-messages-226361

• Posted

Coconut oil definitely works.. Its Jus the daily thing that gets me. Sometimes i notice a little smell if i miss a day..
  • Posted

UPDATE : It's been two weeks and some days and I still have not had any discharge or smell ! So far still cured. 
    • Posted

Did u use the cocunut oil? If so did u put a capsule up there or just topically from the jar?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.