I was discovered to have Bronchiectasis some two years a...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was discovered to have Bronchiectasis some two years ago with a CT scan. I am told that my condition is only slight. I dread to think what it must be like if it is serious. I lost of lot of weight which I have not recovered, but I do feel better now and have recovered my appetite, but not my weight. The worst of this condition for me is being kept awake at night. I have 'draining' breathing exercises to do which do help, but only slightly. I understand there is keyhole surgery now for folks, with slight damage only as a result of Bronchiectasis. Has anyone had this or do they know anything about it - risks etc? Thanks

[i:b8ebfde5bb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b8ebfde5bb]

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i have a son who is 12 years old he is down syndrome and was diognosed with it 2 years ago ever since he has to go in hospital every 3 months for two weeks intrevenese antibiotics he is on a antibiotic daily and is on the adult dose he has open access to the ward as he is usually in hospital every two months with infection as days go bye he seems to get worse the doctors say they dont know what caused his bronchiectasis but he did have pneumonia as a child after watching him get so pooly i am afraid that i will loose him i havnt the courage to ask the doctors how bad his lungs are he is on physio pheropy 3 times daily but know sruggles to get phlem up and makes this awfull choking noise

[i:f09a45fb0d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f09a45fb0d]

• Posted

Hi. I too was diagnosed with mild bronchiectasis 4 years ago. I am always on the net looking for treatment. What do u know about keyhole surgery? I would appreciate any links u could provide me with to have a lok.

• Posted

Hi

I have just recently been diagnosed with mild bronchiectasis. I had all the scans etc. I don't seem to have many symptoms though apart from tight chest sometimes. Just wondering how you have coped with your symptons if any. I was also told to give up my job because i work with children. Donna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.