Cyclizine used for anti sickness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed Cylizine 50mg following surgery, I was nil by mouth for 2 weeks but then couldnt keep anything(including medication) down for more than 5 minutes. I was prescribed these tablets after 4 days of severe nausea and WOW they are a miracle drug!! Due to the nature of my surgery and the complications I encountered 3 months later I still get very nauseas,within 5 mins of taking these tablets I feel so much better and can get on with normal everyday life!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I agree with you completely, I have pretty serious spinal and other joint problems, I've had spinal fusion and am due more surgery, I have to take a lot of morphine just to get through a gentle average day at home, sometimes the morphine can make me feel pretty sick with vertigo thrown in there too. The tablets were recently prescribed and sorted it right out! The only side affect was a little water retention but that seems to have cleared up with a couple of extra glasses of water....which can't be bad either!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.