I have been diagnosed with geographic tongue

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I have been diagnosed with geographic tongue. It's really annoying me. Unfortunately, doctors say there is no available treatment, but some say it will recover on its own within a year. I have been suffering since a year and till now nothing changed. If anyone has or had a similar condotion please share it with me. 

Thanks.. 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Angel,

I have been told that I am having Geographic tongue aswell since last year April when I was pregnant. I have been having patches on my tongue and now I have swollen papilas towards my throat. The Doctors told me that there is no cure for it but I think it can be cured. There is 10 tongue secreat by Tim ebook it has so much important information about this. So, far I am on mult vitamin and the patches are gone except the swollen papilas. I feel better than before and I am now also trying histec tablets.

• Posted

Hi,

Do you still suffer from geographic tongue?

Thanks,

Marcus

• Posted

Hi, Angel. I'm not a medical professional; however, I suffered with geographic tongue for a long time. I was diagnosed with oral thrush, but the medications the doctor was prescribing did not clear up the issues I was having in my mouth. I finally self diagnosed myself, after numerous doctor visits and dental appointments. It was infact geographic tongue. I started taking stress B complex (a vitamin supplement) and I changed my toothpaste (abiogenesis original. My geographic tongue cleared up and I haven't had it return, it's been two years since I started that vitamin regiment.

• Posted

Angel, I also suffered for 16 years and now Ian completely ok. I started taking Vitamin B complex Zinc tablet and DIDA tablet from holland and beret from 6 months and Ian still taking it as just now too. I suggest you to try this, may help you. It doesn't go in a day, may take 2/3/4/5 months but do not leave to take the Vitamin. And do not eat chocolate cake soft drinks I mean any sugary products. I think it may help you, why not you try? Thanx

• Posted

I've had it for almost a year and I've been basically doing trial and error on myself.

What I've found is CUCUMBERS are very soothing!! Cucumbers "temporarily heal" my GT and take away the white border as well as calms the redness.

I've also found that Halls cough drops (the blue mint kind) help to soothe GT for me.

I couldn't keep this to myself! Maybe the cure is to soothe the tongue! Try it and please let me know if it helps you.

• Posted

I have a niece who has the same & she's OK. I know this doesn't really help you much. I just wanted you to know that you are not the only one! Good luck!

• Posted

Hello Angel

I have also been suffering with a geographic tongue for 8 months and have only just found out that consuming nuts could be the problem. Certainly by giving up peanut butter and hazelnut spread for breakfast has definitely helped me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.