So scared I might have cancer, ultrasound showed thickening of the lining of the womb,

Posted , 68 users are following.

Hi I am 53 hadn't had a period for over a year then started bleeding on Monday, went straight to doctors had ultrasound the next day no cysts or fibroids discovered then had call today to go to see GP who informed me I have thickening of the lining of the womb, so have to have more tests, :-( I am so afraid it's cancer especially with the speed the tests etc have been happening, blood tests were ok, doctor said I will have a diagnosis within two weeks, I am absolutely petrified, not coping at all, I do suffer with very bad anxiety too:-(

4 likes, 139 replies

139 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. I am sorry you are feeling sad.  sad The doctor just may want a rush to test further to make sure it's not something more serious. You probably have a good doctor as mine is the pits.  They are hard to find.  She just cares about your well being.  It's better for your health to stay positive and not to worry too much but it's hard but we must be conquerors so stay strong and you will come out ahead!  smile smile
    • Posted

Thanks for your kind words, I know it's good she is acting quick, but I am such a worrier I don't cope very well and am petrified I am going to die, :-(  all positive thinking has gone out the window :-( 
    • Posted

Hi Susan JJ is right.  We always think the worst.  It may be something easy so stay positive and stay busy to keep your mind off it. smile
  • Posted

Hi susan 

try not to worry .. i know its easier said than done..

its normal practice to have further investigations hun...

it may not be as worrying as younthink...  its may be much about nothing they just being cautious, it may not be as thick as you think, or it may even be Hyperplasia ..

How to Treat Endometrial Hyperplasia

In most cases removal of excessive uterine tissue during the diagnostic D&C is all that is needed to treat endometrial hyperplasia.

Postmenopausal women on unopposed estrogen therapy who have recurrent endometrial hyperplasia should discuss with a gynecologist the options of either stopping the therapy or supplementing it with a progestational agent.

In premenopausal women who have recurrent endometrial hyperplasia, oral contraceptives or a progestational agent such as Depo-Provera may be prescribed for a few months to thin the endometrial lining.

please try not to think the worst hun...

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks jay,  the information is helpful,:-) I think what made matters worse is when I went for scan they told me everything was fine so I was over the moon, then had a phone call this morning to go to doctors straight away and was told different, :-(  x
    • Posted

Susan hun

dont over worry.. the thickness can vary from woman to woman and at different stages of their life... yours may not even be in the alarm bell thickness... but they just caring for you... wish my doc here did hes a disaster...  Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks jay, will try to be more positive, it's a good help reading your comments and info, much appreciated xx
  • Posted

Hi Susan.. I feel your pain I too am going for a ultrasound and sono next week I have a thick uterine wall but I also have had fibroids for years. As everyone keeps telling me don't get to scard until you know for sure( yeah right huh) I have been putting off hysterectomy for years just hoping I could get through menopause without surgery. We have to hang in there together and just know we are not alone and being on this forum really has helped . I keep telling myself our hormones are just so out of whack right now going through all this! Just hang in theresmile
    • Posted

Hi beth 😃

how are you diddlin today 😃 i have had a blond day today... think my brain has left my head ... ever get a butter fingers nothing you touch goes right day... thats mine ... 😕. 

Jay xx

• Posted

Yes I have. I'm already getting nervous about next week!! But talking has sure helped!! Right now I'm not liking being a women muchsmile but I doubt I can change that. Plus my husband probably would not like that either. I am going to try to drive further tomorrow to see my daughters and grand babies so wish me luck !! I hope everything is ok with you. Make sure your near the pool or refrigeratorsmilesmile
    • Posted

Thanks Beth, sorry to hear about your suffering :-( it's good to know we are not alone with this, I am new to this forum but finding it does help just to share what we are going through, I do wish I was a man sometimes!!!
    • Posted

Hi bethy beth 😑

i am not that brill today.. i do get a blip... first i am a little on fire 😑 but it is 39 degrees still and its 7.30pm.. think thats alot to do with it... didnt know we have hot flushes to cool our bodies.. so there you go .. yes i been in pool it was lush.. thats cools me its brill ..

also i am as thick as pudding today... my brain has gone to sleep..

Beth... when is your appt... next week ... what day... Jay xx

• Posted

I hear you!! This is not fun!! But I guess we have to deal with it. Let's just think positive !! And this forum really does helpsmile
    • Posted

August the 6 th next Wednesday it's a new place never been there before so kinda nervous!!
    • Posted

beth

natural to be abit nervous .. you wouldnt be human if you wasnt..

have you googled the place have a look at it online..

suss the joint out ... reviews etc..

all will be good darlin... Jay xx 

• Posted

I will Jayneejay !! Thanks !! I'm worried about what they ate going to tell me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.