PCOS, Pelvic pain and Nausea?!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everybody,

I was told by my gp two days ago that I have pcos after having a blood test to check my hormone levels. I asked him what we could do and he said "you could take the pill, look on the nhs and patient.info websites and come back and see me when you've decided". (not exactly helpful)

Although I have some symptoms of pcos I also get pain in the left side of my pelvis, lower back pain (upper right stomach pain too now and again) and nausea most days. The pelvic pain with the nausea are so bad sometimes that if I'm walking around I get to the point where I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Does anybody else get these symptoms too?

If so, how do you manage them?

Thanks for reading

Inks x

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have the same with feeling faint, I thought it was just me haha, I drink a lucozade and then I go fine smile I'm a terrible eater hardly eat and expecially with sugar I am terrible, so yeah try a lucozade next time ur like that, only orange lucozade makes me feel better though which is mad! Haha x
    • Posted

Its not a great feeling at all.

Can I ask, do you suffer with endometriosis as well as pcos?? As I have been told by some people that pain and nausea are not usually symptoms of pcos and that I should get tested for endometriosis.

• Posted

i dont suffer endometriosis i just have PCOS 100% do you have symptoms of pcos? x
    • Posted

I have endometriosis it is very horrible make me very poorly most day and in chronic pelvic pain
  • Posted

This post may have been posted just a year ago or so, I am also a women i just got diagnosed with PCOS last year.

I have a question for you how's your food in take? Are you eat more processed food or more unprocessed food ?

Processed food: The definition of what constitutes a processed food can vary slightly, but it usually refers to foods that are packaged in boxes, cans or bags.

You can also send me a post and maybe I could share some very helpful tips with u.

Mrs. Johnson

• Posted

I'm not quite sure on how this works all I know is info from doc and what I have looked up myself as a Registered Nurse. I have had blood work done to check for PCOS blood work was normal, gyn was suspicious of some of my symptoms so did a laparoscopy. Come to find out even though blood work says I don't have it I do have PCOS, as well as he saw quite a few endometrial lesions from endometriosis. I don't have excessive hair growth, or weight gain if anything it is a pain in the read end to gain weight. All I know is no issues till I had my son then bleeding didn't stop for 6 months with more issues to follow. Doc and I are getting frustrated. 4 procedures for endometriosis in 2 years. Gyn seems to think I had a pre disposition for it with heredity plus starting my period at barely 9 years old. The problem seems to keep coming back. Worse each time. To be honest After reading a lot on both the only symptoms I have are from my endometriosis. Another thing doc told me flat out.. I had my first laparoscopy and doc found nothing... 1 month later same doc repeated the procedure from seeing a endometrioma on ultrasound and found endometriosis. His exact words were it wasn't that I didn't have endo when he did the first surgery it was simply that the lesions were not large enough to see yet so until you have had a full work up do not count on it being just PCOS. I have gotten a second and 3rd opinion after being told with having both I am at high risk for developing endometrium carcinoma doc told me FLAT out all 3 docs that PCOS does not cause pain. In patients that have bouts of severe pain and have a previous diagnosis of PCOS the most logical answer is endometriosis. So being a Registered Nurse myself I got curious and started digging up info and sure enough doc is right. PCOS causes annoying symptoms, hair loss, weight gain, amenorrhea/loss of menstruation, has a connection to diabetes and the like but does not cause pain whereas endometriosis causes severe bouts of pain and excessive bleeding, as well as abnormal uterine bleeding so those out there that are experiencing severe pain I would suggest going back and talking to your doctor because severe pain is NOT normal and is NOT caused by PCOS at all

• Posted

The pelvic pain you described is exactly the same kind of pain I get at times. I have both endo and PCOS. The only suggestion I can give is off my own experience. And one thing I can suggest is if Lupron Depot is suggested I had it and that was the worst mistake of my life
  • Posted

I know this is an old post but in case anyone else is looking for answers...

Pcos causes hormonal disturbances. Hormones fluctuating causes nausea and dizziness. Pcos comes along with insulin issues and causes thyroid issues for a big percentage of pcos sufferers, both of which cause nausea and dizziness.

Pcos does result in pain. Doctors That say it doesn't, must not have it. Pcos itself may not cause pain but the cyst have to go somewhere. When your ovary is out of space, filled with cyst, and your body can't absorb the liquid from the cyst, it ruptures. The rupture is quite painful. It fills like a tightening pinching stabbing pain on either side or the entire area between the hip bones. They tend to rupture in groups. I have had 26 cyst before found on ultrasound and during a bout of extreme pain, we found out 12 ruptured at the same time or back to back. It was so bad, I vomited more than once.

Anyone who has pcos knows the type of cyst we get under the skin with acne. The cyst in/on our ovaries are the same blood and bacteria filled grossness. When they rupture, the liquid is quite gross and sticky. The bacteria/puss (eww - i know) has no where to go so it hangs out with no escape, since the uterus and cervix block the only opening/escape. That leaves gross sticky liquid sitting in there. It becomes irritated and raw. That hurts. That is all from pcos.

Now, all of that stickiness and bacteria is what causes adhesions. Even if you don't have endometriosis, you can get the same adhesions that endo sufferers get. These are band-like scars formed by irritated tissue, extra wetness in your body, and scar tissue. Every cyst has the ability to create scar tissue on an ovary. Every rupture has the ability of resulting in adhesions. The adhesions can get bad enough to hurt you no matter what position you're in. They can even travel to the tops of the legs and ribs.

Of course, all of this is possible with endometrios as well. It's actually more likely to cause adhesions.

Your pain sounds like adhesions or a nerve entrapment, possibly "Abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment." Thyroid issues can also cause pain to be more extreme just like insulin resistance can by damaging nerves (neuropathy). Don't give up. Demand specific test.

• Posted

Hi everyone and thanks @tabitha80613 for the explanation. 

I'm in my mid 30s and just got diagnosed 2 weeks ago. I initially saw my GP because I kept having a very uncomfortable stabbing pain or pressure in my right pelvic area (also some nausea). I thought it was a cyst at best, ovarian cancer at worst. They sent me for an abdominal scan and it said both ovaries show PCOS. Blood test confirmed that. I also have hashimoto's which doesn't really help. My pain hasn't gone and is particularly bad at the moment. When it's especially bad like it is at the moment, I can clearly locate the pain and when I press that area, it hurts and is extremely sensitive. Has anyone experienced that as well? I am still afraid it could be something else; something they have overlooked. Or can this be associated to PCOS?

• Posted

Hi, sophie90055

I got the same issues.. For 1 week, I have a stabbing pain in right pelvic region and middle back pain. I got pcos when I tested 3 months before. Can anyone tell me what is the issue? I thought it is ovarian cancer, maybe... My doc say that it may be infection and prescribed antibiotics.. But the pain didn't go away. I got uti (uniary tract infection.) a week before the pain started..

• Posted

I get all them but feel very poorly most day but just been told iv got endometriosis and polycystic ovaries

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.