Zopliclone to Valerian, is it possible

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have discussed zopiclone with the formum we all seem to thing that it has been declared a bad boy. I have some zolidem fromy my gp which sort of seem to work but I have to add i zopiclone to them. Someone put boldly that Valeria are as good as morphine. Any how I have some Valeria froh Holland and Barret. Very expensive. I have found that herbal stuff do nothing but will try these. There are natively supposed to be quite powerful. Any points of view?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i bought some at the health store, didn't feel any effect, but i didn't expect it to because i was used to the sleep meds.  Maybe i didn't take enough.  i'll be interested in hearing of your experience.  if it was me i would google it for adverse effects, just to know if there are any and what they are.   good luck!
    • Posted

I think that we on these discussions have members with opportunity to obtain stuff we ordinary people can't get. I am sure whoever said about valerian being powerful has had stuff different to over the counter. I am growing valerian but only because I like the flower and am certainly not going to dig up roots to chomp on. As you said you get so used to the meds that the over the counter just has not got it. I shall try it on a quiet day and just see if it does anything. Sleep is so important but even the docs dont seem to worry about it, not good if you feel lousy all day. Every days counts to me I am afraid and I just do not want to spend time fretting over whether I will sleep or not. A good general anaesthetic I think, I have had my fill of those but they do work
    • Posted

Emm cost me a tenner, tried on capsule during the afternoon and got depressed. Think I have just thrown some money away. Morphine indeed!
  • Posted

I took Valerian for a few years. Obviously I thought it did some good – perhaps it was just the strong smell having a placebo effect! After a trial with H&B's product I got mine from DNA Vitamins. They have 90 x 2500mg at £9.99.
  • Posted

Hey David. That is great you are looking for a healthy natural alternative to zopiclone. I too find that Rescue Remedy usually works for me and is available at pharmacies and I find the losenges the most effective for a natural sleep aid.

This link might help if you would like to know about it and its adverse effects:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-870-valerian.aspx?activeingredientid=870&activeingredientname=valerian

It may work for you but it is good to check out side effects as the second link on this page does. Remember to reduce zopiclone at the right time when not stressed and keep taking good care of yourself during this fragile time. Be kind to yourself and do some nice things for yourself like having your favourite meal or watch your favourite DVD. Take care and keep posting

• Posted

Hi 

just read your discussion. Have never tried Valerian myself in its pure form but I did recently try Natrasleep which contains valerian. Did absolutely nothing for me. But I am use to Zopiclone. I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday and will hopefully get some otherwise I have been looking at alternatives. I came across etizolam, apparently it's completely legal to buy, not a controlled drug in the UK and is used for insomnia in India and Japan, it's called Etilaam in India. I had a look online and it's seems to be good stuff. It's a relatively new research drug. Has anyone used etizolam or come across it? 

• Posted

I shall be paying some attention to your drug. I think doctors mostly have a data sheet and no idea on what the drug does. I am now trying a  second change to reduce my zopilclone but have been give a minimum dosage which is not enough. I may have to have one bad, one good night in order to reduce the zopiclone but there is little understandin how miserable lack  of sleep can be. I was at peace with the world with my zopiclone until some   clever dick said it was wrong
  • Posted

It will definitely help you sleep but don't use it for that. Plenty of other things help with sleep and are not habit and tolerance forming

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.