Bacterial Vaganosis Help! Can't stand it!

Posted , 19 users are following.

I recently just maybe a week ago started getting all the symptoms for BV I get my results in a couple days but I know I have it! The smell is just HORRIBLE! It's running my relationship and I need help! I am 18 years old and I don't really know how I got it! Maybe from leaving the tampon in for too long or types of condoms that I used! I heard you can get it from having a new sex partner to. I hurt can't take this smell I'm usuing a gel insert right now and some pills! I think cloramfenicolo? What sucks most of all is that I'm originally front eh USA and most medicines I need are back at home! Is there anything in Spain, France or Italy! Any European country that can help me! I am going to start the apple cider, and hydoxide stuff! But is there any instructions to it! I'm so young I don't know what I did to deserve this! I'm also on birth control so I just don't know what to do the doctors arnt much help either! Please someone help!

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't panic read gingers post on Bv it's very good and very helpful. Order jarrows femidopholis off amazon they contain a strain of bacteria which is specifically for the vagina. Start taking two a day read on the internet about the bacteria strains not many contain the one which helps the vagina. Be careful with what you are taking or putting inside you. It could make you worse and Bv is bad enough. Keep the femidopholis in the fridge the bacteria in them needs to be kept cold so that they work. We all have Bv inside us it's natural something has upset your balance it could be diet too much sweet stuff or carbs etc and that has allowed the Bv to multiply. Keep posting there are loads of us on here to help you 😃
  • Posted

After tons of research and trial and error this is what I found.**The healthy vagina has a specific PH which helps preserve the healthy probiotic flora lactobacilus Rhamnosus and lactobacilus Gasseri.  

**These lactobacilus prevent the growth of bad bacteria.

**Most prescription antibiotics kill both the good flora and the bad bacteria, so replacing good flora right away after treatment is important.

**BV is likely to come back after antibiotics if you don't insert the lactobacilus probiotic.

This has worked really well for me.  I order PURFEM from Amazon, but you can go to a health food store too.

I've read that the lactobacilus bacillus produces Hydrogen Peroxide which kills bacteria.  That's a strong chemical so to douche one would need to dilute it way down.  I also read that lactobacillus acidophilus can kill the bacteria and pave the way for its cousins to thrive.  I insert a vaginal probiotic once a week.  If I was still menstruating I'd insert one after my period.

I HOPE THIS HELPS!

• Posted

you need anti biotics...its the ONLY thing that will kill symptoms of bv AND TAKE THEM religiouly and on time and you'll be fine...it is embarrassing but unfortunately all part of being a woman... sucks dont it

• Posted

Hi Sciullil

i hope you got sorted BV needs vaginal Clinadmycin ovules for 3 days which is an antibiotic or metronizadole..( antibiotic) 

followed by maybe Laurimic ovules for thrush for 3 days . as antibiotics can then start thrush. these are best inserted at bedtime ..

there is also another type of bacterial vaginosis called Cytolytic Vaginosis this one mimics thrush but isnt ... and thrush treatments like BV dont treat it ..

has to be the same or similar  treatment mentioned above ..

good luck hope your better niw

jay x 

• Posted

useful info 

What are treatments for bacterial vaginosis?

If left untreated, bacterial vaginosis infection can spread increasing the symptoms and urinary tract infection that can make women feel very ill.

Once diagnosed, an antibiotic treatment will be recommended, because currently this is the most effective way to treat bacterial vaginosis.

The antibiotic is either provided in oral form like a tablet, or as a vaginal cream and suppository.

The two most used antibiotics for treating bacterial vaginosis is Metronidazole and Clindamycin.

Metronidazole is a nitroimidazole antibiotic medicine usually provided as a vaginal gel, topical cream or oral tablet.

Flagyl is the name used for Metronidazole in the United States.

The medication is used to treat anaerobic bacterial infections, overgrowth of gardnerella bacteria and also anaerobes, such as mobiluncus and bacteroides that can co-infect cells.

The antibiotic acts on the anaerobic bacteria which causes the bacterial vaginosis. Once absorbed by these bacteria cells, it acts on the ferrodoxin protein to regulate oxidation which was reduced by the bacterial vaginosis infection.

This regulation of oxygen then affects how these bacteria multiply in colonies. Through limiting the bacterial growth, the lactobacillus specie has a chance to return to balanced pH levels that reduces symptoms and removes the bacterial vaginosis infection.

Similarly, Clindamycin is a lincosamide antibiotic that acts to inhibit protein synthesis or disrupt the cell producing processes so that bacterial cell growth is limited. Clindamycin or Cleocin is also provided in gel form, oral tablet or suppository. Tinidazole is another antibiotic sometimes used in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis, and trials in pro-biotic treatment with live microorganisms have also proved effective. 

• Posted

HI CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF ME CAN TAKE THIS MEDICATION AS WELL AS WOMEN?( METRONIDAZOLE 400mg) many thanks caztag ss caps
    • Posted

Hi Catz

did you mean should your partner take antibiotics too ?

There is no evidence to suggest that the bacteria causing BV can affect male sexual partners. 

• Posted

hi jayneejay ,just curious .becuse that what he told me the clinic gave him to take for a sexual disese ,which he may have passed on to me .ive not been checked yet as went to wrong clinice and doc asked me to ask hime what meds they gave him,and he sent me a pic of that medication,confused or what and thank you for quick answer ,new to this
    • Posted

Hi Catz

oh i see now i understand 😊

yes metronizadole is given for some STDs  ( sexually transmitted diseases) for men and women..

if he has been given some it will be to treat something, so ask him what they found..

i do suggest you get checked out too ..

take care 

jay xx

• Posted

i will today,many thanks ,i have asked him but he said he wont find out untill the 3rd of october x
    • Posted

also ive had no symptoms of any thing and i feel ok,plus i dont know what symptoms to look out for ty x
    • Posted

Yes you can. If your woman keeps getting BV then it may be required for you to be treated as well. My husband had a course of them. Make sure you don't drink any alcohol while you're on them. Can make you extremely ill. This medication is also prescribed to men with STD's so it's not just or women. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.