Brain zaps effexor withdrawl

Posted , 21 users are following.

Does anyone have a cure for the brain zaps associated with effexor withdrawl?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I found that Kwells travel sickness tabs really helped, but they make u drowsy!!
  • Posted

Hi there

yes - very, very gradual withdrawal.  If you have been taking tablets, rather than slow release capsules, then break the lowest dose with a pill cutter (Boots sell them for about a pound), and keep making the dose smaller and smaller untill you are literally licking some dust from a part of the pill.

If you have not been using pills, as opposed to capsules, perhaps ask your GP to prescribe the lowest dose in pill from, so that you can do this.  It takes patience, but it works!

Good luck with it!

Best wishes

• Posted

Time, time, time!  It will subside soon!
  • Posted

I had tried to come off these things so so many times over the years but the zaps and sickness beat me everytime. Ive even tried taking it in liquid form so that I could reduce it 1mg per week that way, but as soon as I got to a certain leve,l the zaps took over and came with a vengeance everytime I turned my head, so, here I am, still taking them sad
    • Posted

The exact same thing with me.  Years I've been trying to quit.   I am still on them because I feel so bad and have so many zaps that I finally go back on them.  I can't only stand it for about a week.  Have you found something to help yet so that you could quit the Effexor?
  • Posted

Now a month from started to withdraw. Completely off tablets for 1 week. Brain zaps are getting better and not as harsh. x i feel i have got my life back x
    • Posted

Yes, I know what you mean.  Even though the withdrawl is awful, I feel like ME again.  Thank you!
  • Posted

Keep going hun. Ive now realised what a total zombie I must have been all this time. My home is dirty and a tip. I really didnt give a damn on the ven, Hopefully, things are on the way up for me and you hun. i have just started some st johns wort for a back up. xx I feel for you if you have to work, I work at home and would never had got through it if I had to go out to work xx
    • Posted

Me, too.  My house is filthy and I haven't given a damn about anything.  I thought it was because I was going through early menopause.  This sh*t has been so bad on me on so many levels.  I'm self-employed and I'm going to have to go out and get new clients if I ever get out of this "I don't give a damn" stage.  Never was like this before.
  • Posted

that stuffbis really bad. itb should be btaken off of the market. it takes time to work throughnthe withdrawel. hgang in nthere and you will make it. praying for a speedy recovery.
  • Posted

I took my last tab. on the 16th of July, was extremely difficult but am now feeling clear of the stuff and feel alive again. Time and patience is the key ( I think ). Hang in there.

• Posted

I'm not a doc, so see your doc if you're (still) having trouble withdrawing.  I found I needed to reduce the dosage very very slowly and gradually, not missing doses and not stopping suddenly.

I stopped effexor recently, see my recent post in "Venlafaxine withdrawal - there is hope!"

Good luck

• Posted

Hi

have a look at the online program The Road Back. Jim, who wrote the program, has a range of supplements to tackle all the side effects of the withdrawal and fantastic support and advice.  High doses of Omega 3 and One Vit E a day help with the brain zaps. It's not easy to get off these meds and the program is worthwhile. Xx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.