bartholin cyst but pregnant

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi there last year I was hospitalised with a bartholin cyst it was the most horrific thing ever but luckily it popped on its own.  I am now 14 weeks pregnant and it has come back. It is only about 1 cm and is very tender to touch. It's just sorting there and i'm getting so anxious about it getting bigger so I was wondering if anyone knows of anything I can try. I'm currently taking antibiotics and doing salt baths and warm compress any other suggestions to make thing thing not get bigger and go would please be appreciated . 

Regards 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I question taking antibiotics as my medical surgen told me that antibiotics often does nothing because it doesnt have a very good blood supply in that part of the body.  And being pregnant...congradulations by the way :-)   Have a good read in this forum.  There is lots of good advice on how to treat it naturally.  Drink lots of fluids.  A lady posted something a couple of days about a massage...interesting....I will try that next time.  One person swears by using a onion on it.  I swear by using silica spray....get it everytime.  Try everything that doesnt put your baby at harm.  Try not to stress.  I really believe stress adds to it.  When im stressed it comes back. 
    • Posted

Thank u yes I have been stressed lately.  Can u use the silica spray when pregnant though 
    • Posted

I just read the packet, says nothing about being pregant.  I would go with the spray rather than tablets as I spray directly onto the cyst.  I suggest you should order one, no harm trying.  Schuessler tissue salts oral spray cleanser and conditioner silica.  You can buy from their shop in Australia if not in your country.  It is amazing.  I think the spray makes it isolated and not travelling through your whole body like if you took tablets.  Sit in lots of warm baths(epsom salt is a real winner...helps to draw the pore to open).  The spray has always stop it growing for me and 2hrs - 6 days always opens up. 
  • Posted

Hi Jenna

Congratulations 😊

yes a light massage when with the salt bath.. ( not deep water ) nice and salty and warm as poss ... Just covering the tops of legs in water height ..

try and masaage the cyst encouraging water into that area gently ..

i gently massaged mine in the salt water .. And the salt unclogged the pore and the massage made it drain out ..  Gently gently 

* but i dont recommend doing this if pregnant though...  And no very hot bath not when pregnant ...

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jenna,

May you please tell me if the Silica Spray worked for you ?

Regards,

• Posted

Hi Jenna,

I do the same as Jay except i haven't tried a salt bath i just take a regular bath in small amount of water, build the heat up and it unclogs and begins to drain a stringy fluid, then the lump goes down. This has stopped any pain or soreness i was having, but i have to do it around 3 times a day. I now only wear cotton underwear which seems to be helping too. 

So sorry to hear you have it whilst pregnant, and fingers crossed here it doesnt get worse smile 

• Posted

Am also pregnant , with my second and have had a cyst on both sides since my first pregnancy.

The only advice I can offer considering I still have this issue, is when I asked my ob/gyn what we could do about this with my first pregnancy she claimed "I needed to suck it up" until end of pregnancy because she thought it would heal on its own before delivery.

This was not the case and giving birth naturally with a cyst is the most painful experience, I thought I was going to be in a wheelchair.

The advice I have, if your ob/gyn does not want to do any procedures while you are only in your first trimester, but YOU want it get a second opinion!!!

If I had gotten the procedure I had wanted (draining it) when I had asked for it I wouldn't be sitting here 2 years later on my second child with two cysts.

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

I am pregnant (1st time) and i got one .. i just got into my third trimester and i have drained it once in the ER and and now its back again after 2 weeks.. my ob/gyn said if it remains there we shall remove it before delivery by a full anesthesia... otherwise it will be C section... 

I don't know what to do now.. shall i go for full body anesthesia during my pregnancy to get this S#$@t off or not! 

Can i use Silica Spray during pregnancy ?!

• Posted

I am 39 weeks pregnant and developed a BC on right side. Pain was excruciating so went to hospital. They send me away with anti biotics but I returned 2 days later as it was unbearable especially with the added pressure. I had the procedure done, they gave me a spinal injection and drained it. It was the size of a plum. I feel better than I was before but hurts when I pee. I recommend the procedure masturlization or something it is called(i cant remember) I am due Sunday and I am dreading the pain so really hoping to go over. I recommend getting it done sooner rather than later so you have longer to heal before you go into labour. I am devastated I cannot enjoy the experience of this last week to prepare because I am bed bound. Be insistent with doctor if you develop one and get it drained. Xx
  • Posted

I'm currently 35weeks pregnant. I've had a bartholin cyst for over 4years now and it's just been there painless and not increasing in size. When I saw a doctor 4years ago she told me as long it's painless it's not infected that I should leave it alone but that I can surgical remove when Im about to deliver and that's what I did. It doesn't hurt or bother me so I left it there. I just noticed today that my cyst is almost the size a small grape use to be the size of a pea. It's just sitting on my right labia. That's why I came on this forum to find out if anyone else has been in my shoes. Can I still have a vaginal delivery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.