Facial lump thought it was a spot but now I'm concerned

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Not sure if it's appropriate to post here but not sure what other category to post under.

I had what looked like a normal spot appear on my jaw line about an inch from the front of my chin a few weeks ago. It was quite large and expected it to pus up within a few days but it hasn't. It's stayed the same, pea sized with no pus and is slightly moveable this appearing to be more of a lump than a spot. It's noticeable from some distance too. I know the obvious thing to do is see my gp but last time I called for an appointment I was told nothing available for the next month! Any advice would be helpful 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Like my brother says, "It's always something." Right?

If you're worried about it and it doesn't go away after a week or two, you could call your doctor's office, and talk to the nurse about it.  I had a spider bite under my arm, which made a small lump.  It didn't pus up and took a while to go away--like a month. When the swelling went down, two little bite marks showed up.

• Posted

Hi, I have a small lump on my jawline too which was diagnosed about 2 years ago as a lipoma (a fatty lump). I was given an option to have it removed by surgical incision but was also warned that there may be some resulting nerve damage and I could be left with a drooped/crooked smile, so I have just left the lipoma for now.

I would be keen to hear if you have had a similar diagnosis now as it sounds very similar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.