should i get sterised? advice wanted.

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am currently a 29 year old woman in a very new relationship. i had 13 years previously in a very bad relationship, in which i had two children-a boy and a girl. during both pregnancies i suffered severe pre-eclamsia which resulted in them both being two months prem.as well as that, i had suffered 5 miscarriages. when i accidently found myself pregnant 4 years ago i went ahead with a termination behind my then partners back.however i did not need to go through with it as i miscarried naturally.

i was very adament that i did not want any more children.

however, as i stated i am now in a new and wonderful relationship, and everything i thought i was so sure about, im not any longer!

the guy im with would make a fabulous father and has proven himself with my two.

a huge part of me wants a child with this man somewhere in the future, and i think a part of him wants to too.

so really the only reason i would go ahead with sterilisation would be because of my horrendous pregnancy history. but i have been reading about women who have had it done and experienced pain and heavy periods. this is another issue as to why im no longer keen on the idea of sterilisation.

i was wondering if anyone else has been in a situation like mine, and gone on to have a child with a new partner?

my children are 10 and 7.

im not broody, and to be honest if i never have another child i wont feel unfullfilled, yet at the same time i keep imagining myself with a baby and im very open to the idea. i miss have a toddler around.

any advice will be great. thanks so much. x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Anyone who has more than one or two children is being highly irresponsible. The world is overcrowded enough as it is. If this man would make a good father then let him adopt a child. Anyone with one or two children should be automatically offered sterilisation as it is the cheapest form of birth control. My friend had her op when she was 24 and has never regretted it, although I think that, if she were offered the choice, she would have preferred to be spayed.
  • Posted

im sterilised and have been for eight years and every day i regert it,im with a new partner and we want a baby together we are going to be gong private costing 4250 i have two kids 10 and 8 im 31 just beacuse i have 2 kids already its not going to stop me wanting another one, go with your heart dont get the operation done then 2 years down the line you reget it only you can decide wot you want,but just from expericnce (yes not everyone is the same) i get really down and upset...think it thru long n hard first lisa x
  • Posted

hi i would not get sterlizled if I were u I got mine done in 2006 and hate it im now finally after meeting a new partner I'm having my reversal done next month it's costing us 4250. I regretted having it done soon after done do it unless u are really sure it's what you want huni

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.