Ramipril Nightmares

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been taking Ramipri 5mg just before a get into bed. i have been on this since April 2009

Most nights I have dreams during some of this I lash out or hit my wife while I am still a sleep. has anyone else had this problem

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi: l have been on Ramipril for more than four years, 10mg per day. l take mine AM: l do have a problem with lack of sleep at night, may be only two to three hours per night. Back to doctors friday for my M.O.T. so will disciss these problem with him. Will keep you posted.

Regards Iain. :D

• Posted

hi iv been taking ramipril for only a month, iv had weird dreams that feel like im awake! they are so real' scary :?
  • Posted

I take Ramipril with no side effects what so ever. Have you been instructed by your GP to take them at night? My GP advised that they should be taken in the morning to lower my blood pressure during the day. Apparently your blood pressure automatically lowers when you sleep so by taking it before you sleep you are wasting the effect of the drug
  • Posted

My doctor also told me to take this drug in the morning so maybe that may help? I have experienced some sleep problems but it is only early days for me and I have always had problems sleeping in any event. I did find I am having very weird dreams though!
  • Edited

Yes I've just upped my ramaprill from 2.5 mg to 5mg and I've been having nightmares too. Oh yes and I only been taking my ramaprill 3 months but it's only since I've been taking 5 mg I've been getting nightmares which is about 3 weeks

• Posted

My doctor instructed me to take in the morning too
  • Posted

Sorry to resurrect this thread but wow! I had my dose increased to 5mg a couple of weeks ago and since then I have dreamt of murdering an old acquaintance & severing her head and now I have just woken from seeing a local shop keeper cut in half with his torso being stood outside his shop with an arrow signposting the way in painted on his forehead.

Think I need to review my meds with my Doctor.

• Posted

Yes, exactly the same, sometimes worse than others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.