Treatment with Stugeron Forte (Cinnarizine)

Posted , 5 users are following.

When I was 63 years old 1 1/2 years ago I had a micro brain stroke with no consequences. Ever since that event I´ve had a constant buzzing in the ear. I went through all examinations including an angio magnetic resonance, no abnormalities found. From there on doctors recommended daily 81 mg. aspirin afterwords changed by another doctor to Plavix; same doctor recommended Stugeron Forte and I've been on treatment with that for 6 months, the buzzing continues and the doctor said I should keep on taking it as a vascular dilator.I'd like to exchange experiences with someone else who has been prescribed Cinnarizine for a long term.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have just started Cinnarazine for Tinnitus, It does not seem to have any effect as yet & I must admit I am somewhat concerned as to the side effects listed in the blogs.
  • Posted

I had an attack of viral labyrinthitis over 10 years ago, and I've been taking Cinnarizine on a daily basis ever since. My wife has also taken it for a similar period of time.

Over this long period, we have found Cinnarizine to be an effective drug at combatting nausea and dizziness; neither of us have ever had any side effects from it.

You can take Cinnarizine with confidence that it does what it says on the packet, and side effects are rare.

• Posted

I wish Cinnamizirine (Stugeron 15) were available in the US. I purchase it when I am in the UK (about every three years). It is the only med I have found that controls my Meneire's which I have had since 1975. I have tried everything: bonine, damamine, compazine (I even had compazine introduced intavenously because I was convulsing and had to be strapped to a gurney), the wrist bands, etc.

The only other med that works, temporarily, is Trans-derm scope, but the gel used on the patch gives me a rash. My tinnitus is an early-warning system that I am about to have a Meniere's episode. I take a Stugeron and put in under my tongue and lie down for about 15 minutes and I am OK for at least two days. If I do not have another episode within that time I can be free of dizziness and nausea for five to nine months before the tinnitus strikes again.

• Posted

You can buy is on eBay and Amazon.....could you not just do that?
  • Posted

I've tried the tablets mentioned for my tinnitus no luck made no difference and I've tried stemityl and magnetic wrist bands no joy there I get balance problems. I've had eye test in January after 4 yrs from last test no change in my prescription at all optician said it was my tinnitus giving me the trouble I get anxiety from all this

which I know tinnitus can bring about. depending on type of tinnitus you have. And how you cope with it,

my husband has had it for 30 years but his balance is fine .I will keep looking maybe sometime my balance will settle. My tinnitus is Hyperucussis hope I spelt that correct best wishes

• Posted

I have been taking cinnazarine off n on since 17 years.
  • Posted

I have been taking cinnazarine long term.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.