burning lower abdomen and IBS

Posted , 14 users are following.

hi all,

recently been diagnosed with IBS and after reading common/ other symptoms i cant see that this burning below the skirt/ underwear line is nothing to do with IBS. 

has anyone had this burining?  im concerned its something else that doctors have missed.  had all the biopsies, bloods, ultrasounds done and the apparently came back clear (good i guess).  but this buring continues to worry me,

can anyone advise?  thanks, Carla x

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi carla

Google candida, i suffer ibs and tried all the medications and stuff yet im still looking into weather its ibs or something else. Men and woman can suffer from candida and one of the symptons is a rash or burning pain down below. Try it and see if the symptons match

• Posted

Hi marlene

i was told I had ibs 20 years ago and recently my medication (colpermin) seemed to stop working so I looked at other alternatives. I did a York test and was told I had an allergy to yeast so I started looking to see if I could find an answer to what may be wrong. I stumbled across candida which I'm currently looking into, any info you could pass on to me may help. Thanks

• Posted

I'm on a wing and prayer with IBS,I find anything with gluten is a no ,with candida ,it does help the system ,but you do have to read everything you buy.i looked up Dr Mozzi diet ,that's pretty clear what you can eat with bit of juggling,lots told IBS and it's Candida ,all along .Wish a dr had asked me to stick my tongue out ,like they use to years ago ,then tell me it's Candida .

Wasted a lot of time . I watch any sugar intake ,think that's a big culprit ,

• Posted

Hi marlene

firstly what is gluten and what dose gluten free mean? I did the spit glass test and the silica had a couple of strings and at times my younger dose appear to have white in it

• Posted

Easiest way is to get on to Coeliac UK ,explains it all .Gluten free is Wheat ,Rye etc to avoid ,fair list your find .
  • Posted

Hello Carla,

The symptoms you discribe of burning low down are definitely ibs. I have these symptoms now while write this. I am male but every thing is the same. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me so I paid to have a colonoscopy at Bangor hospital North Wales. It came back all clear and they said I had ibs. I do have type 2 diabetes which they say can contribute to ibs. These are the symptoms, burning pain across the lower abdomen, constipation, pain in the left groin at the bottom of the decending colon, pain after a number 2 and wind if I eat sugars or fats. My GP as prescribed peppermint oil capsules and pregablin which is a neuropathic inhibitor. The whole business is very uncomfortable and I am glad I don't have to go to work any more. Try not to get too stressed up about things as this seems to make it worse.

I find rye bread is better than wheat and avoid coffee, vinegar, spices and processed foods generally as they normally contain rubbish which will aggravate your condition.

Hope this is of some help to you

best regards

bob

• Posted

I know this is a old post - But do you have constant and daily pain???
    • Posted

Hi bobcrachet  i having  the same symptoms , burning pain across the lower abdomen,also i have been diagnosed with IBS , just asking  how long had  this burning pain last with you ?

i have been suffering from this lower burning pain since one month , thanks 

• Posted

Thank you so much for your post.  I too have all the symptoms you described and I am especially grateful for you mentioning the pain in the descending colon.  That has been atrocious lately.  I have two of my children getting married in a 6 month period and have felt like I am dying with the painful abdominal burn, cramping, and it just makes me sooooo cold.  I do have anxiety issues so it doesnt take much to through me off the edge and into a flare.  I have also been doing gluten free and trying to get back to the paleo lifestyle which eliminates much of the bad stuff that can cause problems.  Dairy is also a major no no, but I just cant resist it sometimes.  Thank you again for your info.  I really appreciate it.

Marva

• Posted

I know this is an older post, but just wondered if they checked a urine culture.  I am dealing with the same thing, and my urine cultures have come back with strep b.  Very hard to treat as it seems to come back, and I feel the flare.  I hope you found relief.
    • Posted

Hi Linda- I know you were responding to a post from a while ago, but I came across this while looking up symptoms..I have been having some issues for about a month now, and I finally got into the Dr. a couple days ago, and he did do blood work and stoll cultures, just waiting for results..but he didnt thake a urine sample and I wondered about some sort of urinary tract issue, I have diarrhea, but also a weitd burning in my lower abdomen, but not necesarily when I am going to the bathroom..Such a sudden onset, of the bowel troubles.I am in my mid 40's and this all seems to have come on suddenly..sometimes I have lack of appetite, have lost 10 pounds and have diarrhea (but not urgent or uncontrollable) every day..Just fed up with not knowing what is causing this, so I will be following for information and things to look out for that may trigger issues. Hope you are well.

• Posted

Hi Amy, if the tests your. Dr did come back clear, I would recommend a urine culture be done.  My last three cultures have come back negative and my symptoms have settled, however certain times of the month I get a burning sensation.  Because you are losing weight and diarrhea you may have an infection of some sort, it could be vaginal too.....I went through so many tests to rule out one area then moved to the next.  We are chalking it up to hormones and I am doing natural treatments to ease up when I feel discomfort, I too am in perimenopausal.
    • Posted

Ugh, so many things it could be, the perimenopause is awful too..that has another whole set of annoying symptoms. I go back to my Dr. in a month either way, unless he finds something on tests already taken that I would need to get in sooner for..so at that appointment I will ask about a urine culture..I hate how I have gone from feeling prety good to well, not so good in the last couple months. I am trying to walk for 20-30 minutes 5 days a week and I do feel better on days I do that. Any natural treatments that you feel are good to pass along, I am always open to trying. Thank you for your responses, I appreciate it.

• Posted

Hi Amy, Sorry, I replied a big long reply to all the natural ways I have healed my issues, but unfortunately it didn't go through.  So if you want to hear more, please feel free to private message me smile

• Posted

Hi Linda- Thank you for trying to respond! And sorry it took me a while to respond! I will message you for some tips!
    • Posted

Hi Linda, could you please send the information through to me also. I seem to have had a flare up, the last time I had it was exactly 5 years ago!! Now, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it. Thank you

• Posted

I know this is a long shot as so long ago u added this just wanted to know what your premenopausal symtoms was and if blood tests could be normal and still be in a premenopausal I’m onky 42 
    • Posted

Hi Linda, could you please send the information through to me also.
    • Posted

Hi Linda can you please give me the tips that will help thanks I appreciate it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.