Cholesterol is Important and we need it

Posted , 7 users are following.

We've been brainwashed by the medical world that cholesterol is a bad thing....and therefore the statins are pushed for this bad thing.

I woke up this morning to my PBS radio program with a commentary from an MD here who is saying what the pharma says is all wrong....

We need good cholesterol for our brains for starters....he talks about the importance of good oils which include: olive oil, coconut oil, avadocos, fish oils etc.

This MD has written books about the Grain Brain and Wheat Belly and went on to mention India is in epidemic with diabetes as they eat so many grains there....and low in fats.

I believe we are not permitted to mention doctor's names here....so I won't....mention doctor P.

Comments from others "in the know on this issue"....???

My integrative MD has been more concerned about homocysteine and heart health. and she checks mine every year in the labs she does.

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

• Posted

Having some trouble typing here, but wanted to say my homocystine levels have elevated in recent years and now working to reduce with Omega 3's and other good oils to get that number down....
  • Posted

Read the Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It. An easy and amusing read for the layman which really opens your eyes to the research we don't hear about.
  • Posted

hi joy i hope i have the right lady. did you say you used oscillicium if you felt a cold or fever coming on .if i have the right lady could you please tell me how u use it as its instructions are in every language except english . i have 6 little tubes in the box.

regards and thanks tina.

• Posted

I use Oscillo IF I feel fluish issues....and you have to start right away if you feel fluish...I've not had to use it in a long time....Directions say take entire tube every 6 hrs up to 3 times per day....let dissolve in mouth....best not to eat or drink things for a while before or after. Oscillo is made in France.

For colds that feel like they will start I hit my body with Echineaca, 2 500mg caps every 2-3 hrs and this does it for me. Do this for a day or so, but it get it right away for me a short dosing does it.

• Posted

yes we need cholesterol, good fats, and higher unprocessed salt levels.

statins have minimal benefit but can cause harm by reducing Co Enzyme Q 10 in the body leading to an increased incidence of coronary artery disease. if at risk of this condition co q 10 supplementation is very helpful.

thanks for bringing this up joy...hope you're well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

i was told that people in there 30s start to stop making q10 in there bodies so everyone should take them , but esp people on statins.

iv been taking q10 for yrs .

• Posted

Exactly so tina...agreed!

I'm on and off with it...going back on now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done you x

• Posted

good strategy with your homocysteine levels...especially if you're using eve prim oil which is omega 6 rich...so the omega 3's will help.
  • Posted

Hi. Despite my eating fat off meat, pouring cooking fats over my vegies from a pan, eating up to three eggs in a sitting several times a week plus yes eating the dreaded chocolate as i feel like my cholesterol was read to me today as 2 for the bad one and 4 for the good one. I jokingly said to my doc oh good i can eat more chocolate and his reply is to eat as much as i want. Chocolate and animal fats are the only oils/fats that dont go straight through me. So ho hum. Lol. It looks like i need it!!!  Fats are so important in our bodies as our heart lungs and brains are so reliant on them its not funny and with out them we are prone to many dideases. The worst thing you can do is take cholesterol lowering medication esp as we get older. Have a great book about the necessity of fats and oils. 
    • Posted

wisdom in age . my grand parents used to say eat what suits ad leave what dosent alone. cant get any wiser words than that.can you.cheesygrin
    • Posted

Wise Granny. that generation lived better with out all the food fears and hang ups we seem to have. 

• Posted

thats because they knew there butcher and baker green grocer and they kept good stuff to keep good customers and there buisness .customer loyalty mattered today the supermarket dont give a fig its all about profit and waste.

another wise saying i wish i had listened to . was if you have only a pound dont spend a pound and a penny . you may not be able to keep up with the neighbours but at least you wont be joining them at the doctors needing antidepresents when you have money worries .

if only we would listen when we were young .

• Posted

Oh I can still hear my mom saying "save your money Joy".....I said oh mom I'm fine.....she was a wise woman....

I don't think I ever heard the word cholesterol until maybe 20some yrs ago ... someone once said the drug companies create health issues to fit their ongoing drug production....

I take CQ10 for years too....sure glad this alternative group is here....but it outta be prime healing and not alternative...   aka Prevention.

• Posted

exactly joy!

and thank you very much for your kind comment....it was a struggle to get it. 

as well as preventative... it is also curative ...but some effort is required..!! as we both know.

I really appreciate you being here you are so constructive, friendly and knowledgeable. thank you x

• Posted

yes joy i heard the same piece of info from a alternative practiner

the medical and food companies push what ever they have an excess of .

i.e veg fat .lets tell everyone its healthy then butter.

and lets put everyone on statins by a certain age just to be on the saffe side

its all total rubbish . think for yourself and like you said joy prevention is better than cure.

• Posted

so glad you're on to that one wilma...and with the add more, unprocessed,  salt.... life is good. i never listened to that earlier twaddle....never had my cholesterol checked....just didn't give it airtime.

I also agree with you about toxins and this is were, perhaps as nurses with higher than average exposures, we must be diligent.

was thinking about the vit c prob which you have and do believe I may possibly have come up with a solution for you.................

Its called astaxanthin...its 600 times stronger than vit c but is oil based and in a lovely tiny capsule. I think you will find it a pleasure to take. I do.

loads of love from mary xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

hey what a cool (and by way of rareity...knowledgeable)  doc!!
    • Posted

Yes we get some good Dr's here now and then. My old Dr told me to cook in dripping as its easiest for our bodies to absorb. All these newer oils are hard on the body to process. Esp me as i malabsorb all fats so need all the help i can get. 
    • Posted

Thanks Marey i will look into it today. I have been using the grey sea salt and pink salt for years. I dont add salt when i am out as the taste is so wrong. 

Thanks for that info. 

Wilma

• Posted

very welcome....! so pleased to have been able to 'come up with something'...hopefully it will be ideal for you x

yes animal fats over industrial seed oils any day !!

• Posted

Wow i am a daughter of migrants so dont know many of the english sayings. By the way does any one know what "christmas on a jam tin" means?  My teach used to say it to me all the time. You think your christmas on a jam tin Wilma. Lol didnt know if it was a good thing or bad. 

I wouldnt go on antidepressants if you paid me.  They just burden the liver and for me do nothing to lift my depression other than make me groggy. 

And you are right. I am going back to my local butcher. I really dont like our supermarket meat anyway. 

Thank you Tina. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

well my grandparents used it for  cooking,lol best chips ever!

and my grandparents loved it on bread ,not me i didnt like on bread but egg and chips cooked in dripping fried bread and bacon yum yum

my granddad was 83. and my gran 89 when they died so didnt do them much harm .

• Posted

its because its natraul we are animals so we can cope with animal fats.

if you want to put it to the test put a saucer of butter out and a saucer of margerine see which one the animals eat. you had a very inteligent doctor we need more like him .smile

• Posted

I went thru 10 long years of "clinical" depression and BELIEVED it was a sluggish thyroid and could NOT get the doc I was seeing to help me....he went by the numbers and not symtoms.....wrote a lot of anti depressants....what a miserable 10 yrs......

It was my osteopath who called in desiccated thyroid support in 2002 and the long depression lifted in 4 days.....no labs, no nothing, he knew....he called in for Armour from the pigs gland.

Then in 2006 a lowness was setting in and found how deficient I was in Vit D......  Have learned so much since 1991 on thyroid and Vit D.  J

• Posted

thats because the beef etc was organic back then too. Its so different now. Most of our meat comes from lot feeding and what they are fed is very sad in itself. I really dont understand this mentality when we have so much land for them to graze naturally. Its such a terrible existence.

When i was young my parents could not afford to have much meat but dad made up for it buy growing our own vegies and egg. When i was 13 we moved to a small farm and thats when we got a taste for beef and pork.

Your Grand parents probably worked hard for the food too.

Good age for the pair of them

Wilma

• Posted

Hi Joy. I spoke briefly today to the practice nurse who gave me my Vit B12 injection and she has put me in with a hopefully sympathetic Dr who's priority is not to watch the clock and push you out regardless. My depression has been worsening now for the past year or more and to be honest i was wondering if the hookes in my ceiling would carry my weight the other day. All i could do was sit and cry. Coul not concentrate on anything at all. And today i found myself fantasizing about driving down one of the dirt roads here till i ran out of fuel and allowed myself to die of dehydration. It shocked me when the thought came to my head as i had no previous thoughs like this one.

So yes i will put it to a Dr to check this as well as my adrenals. I am scared of the way i am thinking.

Wilma

• Posted

my grandad and his mother and sister were in the work house when his father was out of work back in 1911 ,they knew what it was to be poor and hungrey , luckly my great grandad found work and got them out after a short period , so many never came out.

my granma also new hardship , being brought up in newcastle at around the same time . so if you have known proper hungrey and hard times you learn to appreciate food . and not waste it .

this both my grand parents did  my nan cooked it my granddad ate it , and it was always excellant . loved my grans stews ,and dumplings, cakes and pies and best of all egg and chips in dripping beautiful . 

another thing they did was to eat seasonaly my gran never at pork out of season even though in the 60s and 70s you could buy any time, they ate from sep to april , stews in winter , and salades in summer .

today we listen to aload of crap from the food industry and believe the rubbish they put out . sorry to say this but the old ways are in so many ways better.

• Posted

magneisum helps to lift depression. so does SAD lamps .

worth a try.

• Posted

The old ways were the ideal food ways. Unprocessed milk. Pasture fed stock and free range eggs and poultry. Seasonal eating is a way of not getting too much of anything and our food was locally sourced. I cant find any locally grown food here other than what we grow and swap with friends. Oh and free running clear clean water from rivers and streams. Thats why we are so mineral deficient.  

My dads words of wisdom that i remember the most is"too much of anything no matter how healthy we think it is is bad for us". 

Wilma

• Posted

Thanks Tina. I actually cant take it internally and it seems to burn my skin. Have a beautiful bottle of it and it even says its suitable for face but it hurts even on the soles of my feet. Its called magnesium gel+. %100 pure for hand face and body. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

lamps that produce light simulair today light helps lift your mood thru the dark days of winter. put a search in google.
    • Posted

it burns everyone hun its a salt mineral it should say so onthe bottle.

some people maybe who are extra sensistve find applying to wet skin after a shower or bath is better.

• Posted

Don't forget the toxic fluoride people are ingesting daily if they live in a fluoridated area and drink tap water.....I've been on this soapbox for many years....our city did this nasty in 2008 and years of not living in fluoridated water.....I ended up with a hip replacement in 2010, and I've put that  connection together......people who bathe and shower in fluoride are at much higher risks of joint damage and thyroid dsyfunction and lordy knows all the other side effects of this toxic chemical. 
    • Posted

Oh ok i think i get it but will google sny way. Thanks. 
    • Posted

Ok reassuring then to know. mot alone there. I thought because it burnt me and not my husband i was over sensitive. 

Thanks Tina

• Posted

no hun mens skin is not as sensistive as ours .

its natraul to sting. so unless you react really bad with it .dont worry

• Posted

For Thyroid, blood test for 'Free T3, T4'. TSH is not a reliable measure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.