Swollen urethra.

Posted , 38 users are following.

Over the past year(s), I've noticed my urethral meatus is swollen and red - most notably on the right side. No other symptoms are present. I had the STD tests done, and a seperate blood test and urine test and they all came back negative. Here are some pictures, any ideas?

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Heres any picture from a different angle.
  • Posted

Hi Jared.  You don't mention your sexual activities/proclivatives but I on't think you need to.  I think that it is symton akin to Balinitis.  This condition ususally covers the 'head' of the penis (glans) and the foreskin.  Its cause if fungal and can be treated using an anti-fungal cream - either from your GP on prescription or over the counter. Iv'e got some srem and will give you the name on next response.  I also smother the head of my  ... and urethra slit with Sudocreme. It works a treat and is extremely soothing.  I know the the discomfort can be pleasurable but it can be controlled. Let me know how you get on.  I had/do suffer.  Jonno 
    • Posted

Hi there,

Could you give me please the name of the cream you used? Thank you.

• Posted

Hello I have the same condition. Any help tip? Please let me know I am so desperate thanks
  • Posted

I've had meatitis for the last 6 weeks and have been using lotrimin af for 9 days now.  I have no other symptoms no buring while urinating or lessions or warts.  I hope it's a yeast infection.  

heres what it looks like 

• Posted

Hi derek45062,

My penis head looks identical to yours.  I just returned from a urologist appointment, and he said it was nothing to be concerned about.  

I am not sure if you still get notifications from this site, but I figured it was worth a shot to ask if you have had a diagnosis or resolution of your symptoms.  

I'm a 24 year old guy, and all of my STD screenings came back negative.

• Posted

Hi there,

I have the same symptoms, with the exception of discharge/burning feeling at the tip of the penis. I've done all STD tests (negative), tried to put on Betadin for week and hydrocortisone for another week - did not help. Do you have any ide what to do? Thanks.

• Posted

JaredG   It's been over a year since your post.    Did it get better, did you get medicine?   I'm having the same condition and am wondering the treatment.
    • Posted

Did you get your case under control ? Please let me know
  • Posted

I know this post is old but how did you cure it? Please let me know I have the same issue and it's been a month!!
  • Posted

I have the same. I've been have it 14 months. All std are negative and GD said it look not normal but no recommen because std test are negative. 1st Dermotologist said that is a wart. 2nd Dermotologist (different one) said look normal. To me it not normal cause I often look at myself before I had swollen spot at my penis urethra. Any new?

• Posted

Hello, I'm 31 French and that's make 18 months I have the same condition.

I'm kind of desperate that this will never go away. My meatus is swollen but also started to be atrophied, this has changed a bit my anatomy and seems to continue in this way. I will be accommodate with this condition if this would not be painful too.. This is killing slowly my sexual life but also social life cause when I got pain I m unable to make sport, socialize, get girlfriend.. So if anybody sounds like me and find solutions please let us know.

Many thanks

• Posted

I went to urologist and Dermotologist, both said normal and it look healthy so I'm am worry free now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.