help. advise please

Posted , 4 users are following.

On Monday I started with severe cramping on the right side of my navel and lower back. Thinking this was trapped wind I just used a hot water bottle. On Tuesday it moved to my left side so I went to the doctors who did a blood test to see if it was appendicitis. Today is Wednesday and my pain has subsided a little. I'm still getting pain on my right side and very tender to touch. But isn't as bad as yesterday. I have been to the doctors for my results which have shown inflammation. She thinks it could be apendicitus. Only thing is she has sent me home with no treatment and said come back if it gets worse. I'm panicking that if it is apendicitus that it could burst as it has been 3 and a half days already. Does anyone have any advice if I should just go to the hospital or wait like the doctor said x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi , from my experience you should go to hospital and get it checked out again. My son had appendicitis which showed very little symptoms. He even saw his gp and they did all the physical examinations, knees up etc.He passed them all and was sent home, told us he'd a virus his sickness went on for a week until gradually he got worse. Took him to hospital blood tests showed high levels of infection and they operated on him the next day, his appendix had burst. So i would get checked out sooner rather than later. Hope that helps u decide.
    • Posted

Thank u Paul for your reply. It was a gp I have seen so am tempted to go to the hospital.  
    • Posted

Hi Kerrie I would just to be sure and for your own peace of mind, it was a gp who sent us home also I don't want to scare you but I think you really should go and get checked out I wouldn't wait any longer best of luck
  • Posted

pls take ct scan and if it shows appendicite then go for surgery
  • Posted

Hi 

GO TO HOSPITAL! I have had the same prolem, over the last 2 years I have had same pain feeling crap and left it. 3 time round the missus made me go to Doc this this the Doc was great and off to Hospital I went. ended up having to have it cut out (rather than keyhole) my appendix it was knackered! Surgeon said I was lucky! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.