I feel like I could have ADD and I do not know what to do. I am 22

Posted , 5 users are following.

I feel like i have the ADD part of ADHD. I find it hard to focus on my university course and have very little motivation but its not because I dont care, I really do but I just cant seem to focus and I am terrible at organisation. Ive been like this since about 16, i almost failed college and this year I almost failed my final year of my degree and now Im on a course and I feel like history is repeating itself. I am low, i dont know if it could be depression though im confused. I struggle with stress and I am absolutely terribly impatient and have mood swings. I dont know what to do

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

look into flavay and flavay plus used in france for ADHD since the 1950s with good results its a totaly natraul product .
  • Posted

When you see the Endocrinologist, s/he might be able to refer you to a psychiatrist, if you explain yourself as well as you have here?

I'm amazed you managed to finish high school, I surely didn't.  I was working by the time I was diagnosed, at my second full time job.  I would have been diagnosed at my first full time job interview if the doctor was there to do the examination. 

I think how much more lucky the newly diagnosed are these days compared to the days I was diagnose in. You have the internet, you have everything you'll ever need.  

• Posted

why so this must be related to it then, wow I didnt know that. I will do
    • Posted

Educational issues are associated with being XXY.  However we can't say for certain all XXY's will have educational issues.  Like everything else associated withy being XXY, just because there's an association is no reason to assume every XXY will the the same.  This is true for everybody.  We may have similarities, which may have the same cause, but is what we experience the same, I doubt it.  :D 
  • Posted

Hi I was diagnosed withh ADD at 55. It wasnt something that came on at a certain age. I've know since childhood that there was something wrong. I also suffer with depression and anxiety and this could cause the problems you dssxrkbe. Go and see your GP. There are online questionnaires that you can complete to help you sort out what is wrong although they ae not a diagnosis. Good luck
    • Posted

i was not diognosed with Aspergers syndrome till i was 47 but have known all my life i was differant .
  • Posted

Have you gotten a blood test called a Karyotype. To check if you have a chromosome disorder. It can be ordered from your doctor I don't know which doctor can determine if you have short term. memory. I have.a chromosome disorder and it seems you may have it but only a blood test can tell you if you do. I have always known that I have a short term memory because I can't remember what I did last week unless I write.it down.

Or what I have put on this website on my xxy listing. I know I wrote everything down, but I can't even find it again on this website.

Good luck in finding resolutions.

• Posted

If you think you have a psychiatric condition you need to see a psychiatrist to diagnose it.
  • Posted

this defanitly sounds like adhd or add, go to your pcp or a pyscologist to get tested!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.