My molluscum is gone* after one weekend

Posted , 3 users are following.

Here's my molluscum story from the beginning...

Wednesday night I noticed a small bump on my vagina and mindlessly (half asleep) picked it off. It bled immediately, kind of a lot.  I'm prone to ingrown hairs so that's what I thought it was until it bled. I freaked a little and spent the whole next day googling herpes.

When I got home from work (Thursday), I took a look with a magnifying mirror and noticed the one I had picked off was completely gone, but there were 3 more right near it- one skin-colored one outside my vagina, and two pink ones, just inside.

Now for the gross, graphic part...

I took two fingernails (pointers from each hand, like popping a pimple) squeezed the papule tight, and stretched it away from my skin until it came off. I kind of felt like a zombie with rotting flesh. This was painless. I then scratched the papule and a little yellowish white head came out. I blotted until the blood stopped, then repeated the process for the next one.

In my herpes research, I kept seeing molluscum come up, and once I dissected the papules, I realized this was what I was dealing with.

I couldn't get into my gyno (who happens to also be a close family friend) but I gave her a very thorough description and she confirmed that it was most likely molluscum, but of course still wants me to go in for tests.

Friday night I went looking for lemon myrtle oil, but I think it can only be bought online. So I got 100% tea tree oil, thuja 30c tablets, vitamin a liquid gels, and rubbing alcohol.

I sat in front of a magnifying mirror and waged war on my own vagina. There were no large stretchy papules I could pull off like I had the night before. So, I took q-tips soaked in tea tree oil and held them on each papule I saw (three for sure, about ten more possible.... It's hard to tell because it's kind of a wrinkly bumpy area to begin with, then when I stretched the skin tight, I couldn't tell if it was potential new papules or just hair follicles). So, I treated the three I was sure about with the q-tips, then I soaked a cotton ball and held it on the area I was unsure about.

I have used Apple cider vinegar in the past for a hemorrhoid and it burned like the fires of hell. I would not recommend using it down there if you can avoid it. The tea tree oil does burn, but in a more tolerable, pepperminty kind of way. 

I took vitamin a, vitamin c, and thuja to help my body fight this virus internally. 

Saturday morning there were no new papules, and the ones from the night before were white and crusty gross looking. I repeated the process from the night before.

Saturday night there were no new for sure papules, but two maybes. I repeated the tea tree oil process.

It's now Sunday morning and I see no papules at all. I took my supplements and treated the area where they had been with tea tree oil soaked cotton balls. By treated, I mean I held them on the skin for about 5 minutes

I plan to keep inspecting and treating all week, even if there are no new papules, just to be sure.

This does leave me with the question of how I got it in the first place. I've been sleeping with one guy for a year and he doesn't seem to have any. I had been getting Brazilian waxes over the summer but stopped going because I noticed her double dipping the applicators into the wax, which grossed me out.  I also have fibromyalgia and was having a flare-up at the time of my last wax (about 9 weeks ago), and was therefore immunocompromised at the time. So I can't be sure, but I'd feel better about having gotten it from an unsanitary waxer than from unsanitary sex, so that's what I'm going with.

Also, just as a side note, I washed in hot water any towels I used under me or for wiping the area dry before I got started. I cleaned any hard surfaces and the mirror, bottle of tea tree oil, etc with rubbing alcohol when I was done. I also changed my underwear and pants after each treatment, and washed them in hot water with the towels. So far I've used a whole .5 oz bottle of tea tree oil.

I'll update if anything changes.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi i am suffering from similar problem. I have opened a few and they seem to spread. Now i ahve 2 near the opening of the vagina. I am scarred to open any of them now. My ques is how do i treat the ones which very close to vagina opening? Please help. i am mentally fustrated with it now.
    • Posted

after 3 months i dont think this be useful but i used to put nitrofural topic over the lesson and a skin tape
  • Posted

i feel like you right now, but when i discovered had about 70 80 and i had a hard flu, which is when i think the virus get manifested, any way one month later and beeing vitaminated whit zinc and carrot juice every morning it seems to be stoped, i have 4 posibles futures than i took it before healing!!

i did not knew about this virus and is nasty!! greetings from mexico

• Posted

one more, when i took my shower i used cold water here is hot and sun so thats were no problem, further the future molluscums get bigger whit cold and was easely found its, and the virus lives in hot and humed conditios, with hot water te bumps used to hide

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.