Tennis elbow pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have just been diagnosed with Tennis Elbow, probably should have gone to the doctors sooner, as this has been creeping up on me for about 9 months now.   I get the problems with twisting my arm and pain aroundtheelbow but does anyone else get a burning feeling in their forearm?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Primrose55,

I have had tennis elbow for about 5 months now. I kept working out the first month and starting researching the second month so basically been trying to heal for about three months and thankfully I'm about 85% healed. What I finally learned after a lot of trial and error was that firstly, you need to rest the arm completely. Not do anything strenuous or even semi strenuous with it. 

If it is inflamed then icing helps and also heat therapy helps to loosen it up when it gets stiff. Just take a moist face towel and heat it in the micro and then wrap it around your elbow. Do this a few times in each session as the towel cools pretty quickly. I also started using these patches which helped a lot. I saw something similar online called Wei Fastt Patch but I got a different brand here and it helped a lot. You apply the patch on your elbow for 48 hours, then remove it for 24 hours then apply another one. 

Another thing that helped me a lot was putting an epsom salt compress. That made a big difference for me as well. You can check on youtube how to do that. Very simple. 

Finally my tendon pain stopped and only small muscle pain remains in the area so I'm taking an anti inflammatory before I sleep and that is also helping. I'm still resisting and workouts or anything strenuous and hopefully within the next few weeks I should be good to go. Hope my experience helps you. 

By the way, ultrasound etc didn't help me at all. Rest, massaging the area, ice, heat. These combined should help a lot, but you have to be patient for a couple of months at least. Good luck.  [smile]

• Posted

Hi amitd77, thanks for a very well written message and very informative.  I have tried similar remedies to you and you are 100% correct that rest is the best idea.  the problem I have is that I cant afford to rest so when the pain subsides I am back to my normal duties and that just starts the aggravation again.  For me it is a combination of tasks, overloading my arm with many tasks.  And then playing tennis.  It just doesnt like it.........
    • Posted

Hi wacky, try the patch. It helped me a lot. I can understand the need to resume normal duties but rest is the only way and hopefully you can use your other arm more in the meantime. Good luck. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.