Pounding heart beat in head

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been pretty good lately but after 2 days digging the garden and swimming this morning I have felt awful since lunchtime. Cold, aching in all my joints, neck into headache, pressure in my ears and hearing my heart beat pounding in my head. Does anyone else get the pounding heart? I realise that I have probably overdone things but you have to try to get things done. I would appreciate anyones thoughts. Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with Pulsatile Tinnitus 18 months ago and no cause has been identified despite MRI,MRA and CT. Cause is usually due to an interruption in normal blood flow somewhere and the vibration of the pulsing blood flow and pressure is felt sometimes very strongly in the ear. I have also intermittently been suffering with neck and shoulder pain, headaches and migraines and a general fullness in the head. It is onlly after a particularly dsperate weekend and endless entries into google that i have come across -CS. iT ALL SEEMS TO FIT! But then that would be too easy wouldn't it? When i saw your entry i thought i'd reply, what do you think?
  • Posted

Hi D41

Your experiences are very interesting, although I don't have tinnitus I am slightly deaf and have had to resort to a hearing aid. I presume the pulsating bit means that the noise pulsates? I do have odd pulsating heart beat noises when my head is in certain positions. I do have high blood pressure, but it is under control with low dose Felodipine. But the pounding heart beat was there before the high blood pressure, I think that was caused by stress with all the other problems. It isn't obvious all the time.

It also seems likely that you could have CS although it should have shown up on MRI and CT scans.Do look through the site as there are a lot of people who have more experience of CS than I do. What do you other guys think? Mine was fairly mild untill an accident on my mountain bike 2 years ago.

I hope you get some help from your GP, all the best

Aitch.

• Posted

Hi guys, I'm also had this problem, I do some search in Google, and finally I found answer, it is very simple, if you suffer from headache, just listen to classical music, see some funny videos, because they helps to relax your muscles, and this type of headache is generally known as tension headache, it mostly happens because of stress, I found solution for this problem by doing this, so try this and take care of your health.

• Posted

If I had a head like yours and it didn't ache I'd go to the Dr. to find out why!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.