Side effects of dosulipin

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was prescribed this medication for neuropathic pain from chemotherapy and chest drains. I started at 25mg for 3 days then increased to 50mg but, felt so spaced out all day I wasn't in control. I'm looking after myself so need to be able to get out and about. It hasn't touched the pain at all. Has anyone else had problems? :?:

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

:shock: :shock: I was perscibed this drug for pain from a rupture in a lower disc in my back, 50mgs, I have to admit that, for the first few weeks the sedative affect was a god send, but this wore off after week 3-4.As far as I can assertain It has not helped with the pain, the health service waiting list in my area for pain clinic is currently 30+ weeks, so my G.P has advised to stay on it, now 8 weeks altogether. I would be interested If your pain has got any better ?
  • Posted

Hi

I went on this drug in the first place for chronic pain started on 25mg and then it was upped to 50gm a night. Well I would have said as for pain relief I felt no different.

Due to very bad depression it was decided to increase the dose over a number of months up to 150mg at night. I have been taking this for about 4 months and it has now been decided that its not helping with the depression at all. So at present I am reduceing so that I can change drug. Within 2 to 3 days of dropping the dose by 25mg I had more pain, I have now reduced a further 25mg and the pain is even stronger. So to my surprise it was working much better than I thought. In fact I am now quite concerned about how I will be dealing with the pain in future.

Ann

• Posted

hi

i was prescribed this drug around a month ago

i have suffered from chronic facial pain for around 8 years and initially was put on amitryptalin, tegratol and gabapentine, then taken off them as they made no difference and given some exercises and a tens machine.

i also had ct scans xrays and mri scans, nothing showed up

recently i started a new job which is very stressful and the pain got worst.

they were going to remove my impacted wisdom tooth until i rang a trigeminal helpline who suggested a neurologist.

he put me on dosulepin and the pain is definately better. i take one tablet in the morning and one in the eveing , initially it was one a day but two after two weeks if no improvement.

i feel alot happier and the pain isn't as wearing - its still there in the background but i just hope these have worked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.