Suburethral/Skenes gland cyst surgery

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. I posted on the Bartholins cyst board but as my problem was initially more urethral wondered if anyone here could give me info. I had a suburethral Skenes gland cyst removed 6 weeks ago with a cystoscopy done at the same time. I still have some pain and loss of urethral and clitoral normal sensation. My GP says it is most likely nerve damage which will heal but will probably take longer due to the incision being around the urethral opening. Has anyone else experienced similar after urethral surgery and did it resolve? I would be most grateful for any experiences.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo. Can i ask what your symptoms were for yoh to be diagnosed pls?

Reason i ask is u mentioned urethral & clitoris.

im feeling so uncomfortable atm its not always bladder feeling full but i get a sensation around my clitoris that makes me feel like i need to wee. Sometimes there is no urine left in my bladder tho.

Sometimes it burns towards the end of weeing & sometimes i get a sensation of feeling the urine emptying from the bladder and i feel it all the way down the urethra.

all samples have come bk clear & iv got a cystoscopy in 3wks time.

im just loosin the will to live! Im 28 & was hoping for a bby but sex just makes me feel even more uncomfortable.

Do my symptoms sound anything alike urs? X

• Posted

Hi Mimi. Yes that sounds very similar. To fill you in I am still not 100% and am now seeing a urologist as my gyno stopped being interested when I didn't recover after the surgery. I have had scans of ovaries uterus etc and all clear but am due to have kidney scans soon as I have lower abdomen and back pain too. My uro now thinks the cyst may not have been the issue. He is still undecided on diagnosis but has also done a detailed urinalysis which I am awaiting for results too. He thinks I may have had very bad infection which caused scarring in urethra and could have caused irritation or possibly urethral stricture. One thing I would be careful of is that they don't tell you how much cystoscopy can irritate you. I have had pelvic floor dysfunction because of the cysto and all my sensation in the area felt different-even the good ones! However don't be disheartened. One thing which has helped me is pelvic floor therapy-you need to see a qualified practitioner though not just do the exercises we have all heard about. Also look into diet-it could be IC and diet can be found on the IC network site. First off quit drinking coffee tea fizzy drinks and ALL fruit juices (yes even cranberry). I pretty much drink water and the odd glass of milk now. Look on the IC site for more info. I really hope you find an answer-and me too as it's been 7 months now! Best wishes :-)
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Jo. I am really worried bout the cystoscopy tbh. I can she it making matters worse n no answers at the end of it. But i know i have to just incase & in hopes that it finds something curable.

I really hope its not IC as readin up on it ppl can go yrs w/o a cure rolleyes just keep thinkin why me & why now?? I just want control over my body back again & so much want a family .

Please let me know how u go on & i hope u are feeling better soon too x

• Posted

did you ever manage to figure out what was causing your problems or anything that helped ?

• Posted

Hi..

I have a skene duct/gland cyst removal operation tomorrow. I've had this cyst reoccur for around a year now but it's never really caused me any pain or problems passing urine. Its quite large and visible obviously making it annoying to live with and for it to keep coming back. How was the surgery for you? I've read about a lot of problems it can cause, like, damage to vital nerves, urethral pain, decreased sensitivity, pain during intercourse, pelvic floor damage..

I'm worried i shouldn't put myself through the surgery in case i regret it because of the further complications it can cause.

Some people say if your not in extreme pain or have health risks to avoid the surgery..

could you maybe offer advice?

thanks

• Posted

Hi Oliviaa,

Just wondering if you went through with your surgery and if you had any problems post op?

My urologist thinks its likely I also have a skene cyst. Like you it's not painful but it's largish and I think I'll need to have it removed.

Can I ask, did you have sex with it? I might not have mine removed for another few months and not sure what to do in the interim. I don't want cause any damage but don't want to put my life on hold either.

I hadn't read much about the negative outcomes of the procedure so also keen to learn more off you.

Hope you're recovering well. Many thanks,

Jess

• Posted

Hey hope u see this. Did u have the surgery? What were ur symptoms before? Hope u r doing A okay now.
    • Posted

Hi Olivia. I know it has been some time since your cyst removal. Please can you tell me if you had any problems and whether you consider it worth getting removed. Mine does not cause me any pain at present but is the size of a large olive. I have also read lots of negative things.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Julie

• Posted

Hi oliviaa

How are you feeling now..last week I had a surgery to remove the Skene duct cyst.. is it reoccurring one?.

• Posted

Similar issue for me..but I have jus t removed my cysts.. how are you feelings now??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.