Awaiting biopsy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ya I have had problems with mouth ulcers on side of Tongue and inside of the mouth the skin peeled of the side of the tongue, also inside my nose the lining would dry up and peal the back of my nose would go crusty and sore I would wake up with blood streaked green gunk blocking my nose. My GP referred me to maxilolfacial consultant and I think he said that it was Wegners but after he said what it was he said I would need a biopsy on my tongue and stiches at this my mind went blank and the doctor was talking on so I never got a chance to say anything and I was wondering if anyone has had these symptoms and could I have Wegners.

Kindest Regards

colin

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi yes unfortunately i have had the mouth ulcers and skin peeling from tongue nearly like a snail pattern. Ive also got the bad nasal crusting and severe sinusitis unfortunately sounds like you could have this dreaded disease, good luck anyway.

Tracey

• Posted

Hi Tracy I'm still waiting for word of the biopsy but I find that I get tired very easly and my aches and pains have aches and pains, I had a motorbike crash in 1975 and am on co-drydamol gabapentine and arcoxia and they are not having the same affect but I don't want to go on to stronger medication, and apart from all that I'm getting sweats my face looks as if I have been out in the sun just hope that this is the mild form.Thanks for your reply.

Kindest Regards

colin

• Posted

BIOPSY RESULTS SHOULDNT TAKE VERY LONG AND THE THING WIH THIS WEGENERS IS IT NEEDS TO BE TREATED QUICKLY AND AGGRESSIVELY. MINE SEEMS MILD ENOUGH I WAS BLASTED WITH 60MGS PREDNISOLONE FROM I WAS DIAGNOSED IN MARCH THEN ADDED AZATHIOPRINE WHICH HAD TOBE STOPPED AS IT WAS DAMAGING MY LIVER THEY NOW TRIED A NEW IMMUNO SUPPRESSION CELLCEPT WITH A REDUCED STEROID TO 20MGS SO PLEASE GOD IT WORKS WITHOUT DAMAGING THE LIVER OR I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WILL DO, THE STEROIDS CONTROL THE INFLAMMATION IM NOT SURE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW BUT IT IS AN INFLAMMATORY DISEASE AFFECTING ARTERIES AND VEINS WHICH BRINGS BLODO TO VITAL ORGANS IF INFLAMED THE BLOOD DOESNT GET THROUGH WHICH IS HOW PEOPLE HAVE LUNG AND KIDNEY PROBS BUT YOU NEED AN MMUNO-SUPPRESSION MED TO SLOW DOWN THE IMMUNE SYSTEM AS IT IS ALSO AN AUTO IMMUNE DISORDER WHICH MEANS THE BODY SELF DESTROYS. YOURFATIGUE, JOINT PAINS AND MOUTH ULCERS ARE ALL TOO FAMILAIR TO ME BUT IF YOU HAVE NO BIOPSY RESULT YET YOU CAN STILL HOPE ITS NOT WEGENERS AS IT TRULY IS AN UNPLEASANT DISEASE MOST PEOPLE ON THIS SITE HAVE BEEN MUCH MORE AFFECTED THAN ME FOR THAT I AM GRATEFUL HOWEVER STILL FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR RESULT AND YOU NEED TO PUSH FOR IT TO GET ON THE MEDS.

ALL THE BEST,

TRACEY

• Posted

Hi Tracy thanks for that info, I was begining to wonder what was happening to me, as well as the ulcers and nasal sores I was falling asleep and just feeling so tired and having sweats for no reason. I hope you are able to control your condition and get the correct level of medication.

Kindest Regards

colin

• Posted

Hi Colin

just wondered if you had got yur biopsy results as yet?

Tracey

• Posted

Hi Tracey I have still to go for the biopsy, I'm beginning to wonder if they have forgot me, it was scary enough when he said about a biopsy but having to wait all this time is not helping on top of this I had a xray for my hip and my physio has said that basically I do not have a hip socket and wants to refer me to orthopedics but I do not feel up to an op as yet.

Kindest Regards

colin

• Posted

Hi colin

Really think you should chase this up. Im work in the NHS and people definitely get lost to follow up. The biopsy is fine, I had it done in my nasal passages when we hear the word biopsy we think \"cancer\" but the biopsy is needed for a definite diagnosis but if it is Wegeners you really need to get on some treatment. The earlier the treatment the better and of course the less damage. Some people on this site have been so so ill thankfully mine seems confined to my upper respiratory and aiwrways sparring my kidneys at present.

My advice would be chase this up asap.

Take care,

Tracey

• Posted

Hi Tracey I phoned the maxilofacial clinic and they have said that the biopsy takes place at another hospital and they phone you when they have a space free, I would have thought that something like a biopsy whether for this or cancer you would be told how long you would have to wait so that you do not have the extra worry, I'm actually due to go on holiday to Devon from Tuesday so they have had to contact the clinic to tell them when I will be back, so I hope that I will have word by then but on top of this I had a xray for my hip and the report said that it was grossly arthritic my Gp has sent a referal to the orthopedic consultant but I don't think that I could go through such a operation at the moment. But I will keep you posted on the biopsy progress

kindest Regards

colin

• Posted

Im amazed at how slack they seem to be taking things especially if they suspect Wegeners as as you can see from other peoples stories it is very important to start treatment asap. if you have Wegeners you def will not be in any form for hip surgery but maybe when you are feeling better it could be an option. I would be very anxious that you get this sorted asap. Do you have much nasal symptoms. I had persistent severe sinusitis with a gross discharge and crusting which is one of the first symptoms along with this I had joint pains, mouth and tongue ulcers and large black blisters on my lower legs, if any of this is familiar to her perhas you could ask your GP to try and expedite this for you? My biopsy was done the day I was suspected as having Wegeners.

Enjoy your hols and keep in touch..

Tracey

• Posted

Hi Tracey my nose is bunged up I get pain behind my left eye both eyes are always gritty and itchy as is my ears ulcers on my toungue my gums swell and my aches and pains have aches and pains everything just seems to have become sorer and I don't know if it's my medication but I have been passing more urine and I become so drowsy it feels like I have been given a premed and I end up falling asleep, I did contact the maxilofacial clinic and they have said that it is another hospital that will be doing the biopsy and the nurse will contact me when the have a slot but it is just unfortunate that I am booked up for my holiday and won't be back for two weeks and I hope that I will hear news then.

Kindest Regards

colin

• Posted

Did you have any blood tests done as usually your inflamamtory markers are raised ie: ESR and CRP. well not alot you can do only wait i guess. do your best to have a good holiday sounds like you need the break.

Regards,

Tracey

• Posted

Hi Tracey have now got my appointment for this Friday for my biopsy will let you know how things go

regards

colin

• Posted

Hi Colin

Hope you had a good hol. im glad you have got your appointment through and hope it wont be long before you get the results, let them know your anxious to get a diagnosis as if you need to be on treatment its best to get started as ap. God, I bet you really nervous, its a horrible worry hanging over you, please god you be ok and if it is Wegeners it is early and meds will sort it for you. Please do let me know though Im only here Mon and tue next week then off for 2 weeks holidays.

Best wishes,

Tracey

• Posted

Hi Tracey that's the biopsy done five stiches and a Gold Star for being a good boy, the doctor doing it said that he did not think it was anything bad and the results would take about six weeks so it will be a long wait.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Kindest Regards

colin

• Posted

Well heres hopin your not suffering from Wegeners. Wow 6 weeks a long time mine was a week but with a bit of luck you will get the all clear

Tracey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.