Doxycycline Anti-malaria meds

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey,

Has anyone had a positive experience with these tabs?? After speaking to my GP he recommended that these were the best and least expensive option. However after reading the information I’m a little concerned :?

Firstly there are so many potential side effects, sickness etc and the increased sensitivity to sunlight is a worry. I'll be wearing 30 and 50+ throughout my stay in Indonesia but do I need to be completely avoiding the sun???

Also it says on the info that you should not to drink any alcohol!! Although the Patient UK website doesn't. I'm confused!!!

Lea x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Im sill taking Doxycycline - after my trip from Kenya came back last week . Mmmm the side effects when you first take them you are nauseas for the first hour which is unpleseant - this take about three to four day to dissappear - however as i have continued to take them whilst on holidat I came up in a skin rach which was due to the sunlight and I was wearing factor 50 it happened covered or uncovered. but has dissappeared now im back in not so sunny england - however i do have a loss of appetite and dont feel full of energy as I usually do

so I am visiting my gp - also note - Thisis an antibiotic and can imbalance your system.

• Posted

Didn't have paperwork inside, I thought all medication had instructions inside. It did state on outside by pharmacy take with full glass of water. I had to take two for first day, as a cronic sinus infection. I  didn't take with the full glass of water, and was sick after. The subsequent daysI made sure I was ook with large amount of water.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.