Please read this if you have Episclerities

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok, so I'm 43, and I get episcleritis from time to time, thing is I think I've found a way to cure it, it's just episcleritis in it's simple form, not nodular and I've never had sclerities or anything.

What I've found is that drinking green tea helps. Ok, it tastes like you're drinking compost, but I'm really sure that it does help. Actually I read lately in the Readers Digest that green tea is good for your eyes so maybe I'm not imagining it. The stuff I'm using is Asda's own decaffinated green tea and when I wake up with that familiar feeling that means I've got a red eye I drink several cups, by dinner time the redness is fading and by night it's gone altogether. Thing is I want someone else to try it now, just to see if it's a fluke or not. Hey, if it doesn't help, it won't harm (except for the taste!!!) and it's got to be better than the nasty chemicals that the doctor has to offer!

Please someone try it and let me know.

Music maker

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI

Im so glad i read this. I have had scleritis 4 times in the past year and am suffering from it again. In the last 5 weeks ive been on and off steroid eye drops and oral steriod tablets and dont really seem to be getting anywhere. I luckily read this just before i was about to go food shopping so have bought some green tea as im desperate to get rid of the scleritis.

Will keep you informed on how it works.

Ferne

• Posted

Please help, I need to know if the green tea helped for episcleritis.
  • Posted

HI, I have been away from the site for a while but I was interested to read the resent posts. Don,t want to sound like a put-down and I know every little helps but those of us that have scleritis cannot be likened to the condition of episcleritis . The former being connected to a underlying systemic condition. The other being more of a surface condition . Having said that I am not minimising the condition ! [I know it is painful!. )Green tea has many good health properties and is a good addition to any diet. However more is needed to treat scleritis (see previous posts) Now to bring you up to date with my recent news. I have not had a major flare up for months!!! I am now entering the menopausal phase of my life, not a pleasnt experience but no periods = no flare ups ! I have long thought my scleritis was connected to hormone changes (see previous posts)I think this might be the case. I know this revelation won,t be helpful to many of you but I feel like I no longer have the life sentance called scleritis. At last after many years of absolute agony and dispair I can start living again ! I have had pain but I take my prescribed celebrex and relief follows. I will continue to keep in touch, I hope my respite from scleritis continues and I sincerely hope you all find relief from this little known but awful condition!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.