the head of my penis is red, help!

Posted , 25 users are following.

HI i am a uncircumcised male, ive noticed that around the urethra opening is midly red, while the bottom of the head of my penis (i dont know what its called) Is also quite red. Do you have any suggestions for how to get rid of this? should i go to the doctors?

thanks dudes!

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Max.  I have a good idea what it is because, I too have had the same problem.  I am uncut also (much better!) and also had the rednesss around the opening of the urethra; my knob (glans) and around the rim if the Corona.  I bet you have what is called Ballinitis.  It's a fungal infection which can be celared up by using a cream called Clotrimazole.  I understand it can be bought over the counter but I did go to my GP and he prescribed it.  I think a stronger version of the same cream is available, containing hydrocortisone, which is on prescription.  Wash your head and under your foreskin in just water.  Don't use soap or shower gel.  Mine cleared but the GP said it could be 2/3 weeks - and he was right.  Let me know.Send a private reply using the grey envelope under the name.

Jon 

• Posted

please,give me the prescription of the ointment that treats the red penis.
    • Posted

is Nadimix cream will work on tis i have the same problem and yellow pluse like think is also there on the tip of my penis wiith red patches
  • Posted

I think you should go to doctor because according to me may be you are suffering from urinary tract infection. 
    • Posted

well i prusume that a urinary tract infection would hurt? i feel no pain whatso ever, just the redness
  • Posted

Agree with jonno.  In the photo it is pretty mild I'd guess.  It can be caused by taking antibiotics I had a very bad bout following Trimethiprin [I now report allegry to this and given red band in hosptal]. 

When i saw my lovely female doctor she said "ouch" although in fact it does not hurt.

Clotrimizole is I think sold under the trade name of Canesten which comes in the form of a cream to rub on and can be combined with a capsule [treating inside and out as it were]. This dual thing is usually supplied to women and if you try to buy it the pharmacist may query.  In my case it cleared within a few days.

It is highly unlikely that you have got an STI.  They are usually painful.  As the old song says.  "Lord how it stings when you pee, these foolish things, remind me of you"

• Posted

Hi Simon.  Are we the only Wise Men  .. where's the third.

I am convinced we are right because we agree! 

• Posted

You must be right though - in truth - I do not feel particularly wise at present
    • Posted

No, me neither Simon - especially when it comes to computers!

It amazes me often how people come up with the oddest suggestions 'urinary tract infection' indeed.  And, Dr Jac, particularly funny.

Buck up!

• Posted

Hey Max.  Try using a penis health creme.  These are made for guys and can help with all sorts of skin issues down there, redness included.  Just make sure you get a creme with all natural ingredients.  You do not want to put some weird chemical onto your penis!!  Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Max don't know how long ago this thread was or how old you are but that picture could be my penis did you find out and cure the problem in the end hope you did wishing you well
  • Posted

Pal does this look normal to you..? Just i dont see other mens penises so dont really know if am just being paranoid or what...? Thanks wink

• Posted

Im haveing a issue also. The foreskin opening is swelling and also the head is red. Im not the type to go to the doctor. My wife is pregnant. But the few time weve tried to have sex it seems like the forskin in scretching too much. And when i pull the head back in the forskjn is swollen from the inside after sex. This has never happened in all my 31 years of living till the last fews to a month. Anyone has any ideal of what that is? Then itll be irritated for about a week
    • Posted

I have the EXACT same issue you just described, Christopher. Has it resolved? If so, what fixed it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.