spinal cord stimulator removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi every one who has followed my blogs today this morning i saw the consultan about my broken scs and he umed and arred on weather to remove or repair so i said id had enough of faild ops and proceedurse and that i wanted the scs removed finaly he said yes but it would be next year sad but got a phone call this arfternoon from the hospital and much to my supprise the scs removal has been sceduled for next teusday the 09.12.14 im so happysmilesmilesmile perhapes i can now get on with my life and control my own pain management will keep every one updated how it goes thanks to everyone for there imput graham

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Graham.So pleased you are getting what you wanted.Sad that it didn't work for you though.Hope everything goes ok.Let us know.Good Luck for the future.Bev
    • Posted

hi beverley thanks but dont let my let downs put you off what you are haveing done hope all is well with you graham
  • Posted

Good luck with the procedure and hope you make a speedy recovery. Hope to hear good news in your next update! Best wishes, Kim
  • Posted

Good luck Graham
    • Posted

tanks emmb will let you know how i get on and dont let my let downs with the scs affect your search for pain relief all the best graham
    • Posted

Cheers Graham. How long did you have it in for? I think I have read  about the issues but I've a terrible memory...if you have time to recap, feel free to pm me if the system allows that. Scs is not something I'd heard about until this forum and wondered how widely it's used.

I hope you find your pain relief or management some way.

• Posted

hi emmb at the moment the scs is mostley trials all over the country and i had the scs in for three months the main issues and most common are the leads break or move so you have to have the scs reprogrammed hope this helps graham
    • Posted

Thanks Graham.

i've loadsof questions but will do a bit of scouting around on the net. I'm sure you must get tired of all these queries.

i hope the removal goes smoothly and does not in itself cause you any further discomfort or skin issues.

All the best

• Posted

thats ok emmb so far no extra prob except the soreness from yhe op its self and you can ask as many questions as you like and if i can awnser them i will all the best graham
  • Posted

Hi Graham. A couple of days ago I had a phonecall from the hospital to let me know that my SCS implant date is the end of Jan.2015 biggrin, I also have an appointment tomorrow, (09.Dec.2014), for a 'Pre Assessment'. I have needed to loose some weight and I'm hoping that I've lost enough even though my BMI is within the criteria. Have you considered the possibility of them using a more modern version?, the one they're using for me is a Boston Scientific Precision and can have up to 4 different programs, most people only have 1 of the programs but I'm going to see the tecnician about setting up all 4.

• Posted

Hi,could you tell me which hospital you are going to?My husband read about this one,but is due to have a Nevro senza in Leeds?Thanks
    • Posted

hi mooncrow the scs  ive had removed today was from boston scientific and you can have six or eight programmes but the problem is both my leads broak my advise to you is have paddle leads which are stitched into place unlike the standard injection ones which just float in your epijural spce hope this helps you and good luck
  • Posted

Hi,

The hospital I am under is the Kent and Canterbury Hospital in Canterbury, my consultants are Dr.Collighan and Dr.Badresha

Any Help?

• Posted

Thanks.Will contact hubbie's consultant ASAP.Good luck,keep us updated on your journey.
    • Posted

hi mooncrow my hospital is the london and barts and the consultant is vivik mehta

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.