Pain relief for Tietze

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

Ive had tietze syndrome for about 2years now, it is a awful condition and I feel for anyone who suffers with it. sad Many of times i've been in a&e thinking I was having a heart attack.

On one visit to the emergancy docs recently I was given 2 injections:- buscopan and diclofeniac. Then the kind doctor perscribed them to me in tablet form and told me to take one of each when I feel the pain coming on. I have had a attack since then and the tablets do help with the pain. :D

From what I have researched the buscopan is a anti-spasm medication and calms the muscles down easing pain and the diclofeniac is a anti-inflamatory which helps the swelling.

I thought I would post this as I thought it might be of some assistance to someone else and maybe could mention it to your doc if it might help. smile

Any questions please ask.

KayT x

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Live in Kentucky, USA. I've been having these pains and systems since March 2015. Several doctors and test later, I was diagnosed with costocondritus. Problem is that doctor has now decided it isn't that. His reasoning being said wouldn't lasted this long.

I have all the systems of it or Tietze but can't find anyone to help. What type of doctor would you recommend?

Have seen gastrointestal , cardiologist, general surgeon, rheumotologist and chiropractor.

Am still seeing thee chiro. He agreed with the rhemu whom changed his mind.

• Posted

Hello, after I was given non steroidal pills two different times for the chest I was told to go to a pain management Doctor.  I can't take anti-inflammatory drugs unfortunately.  I read Costco could last only a couple of weeks with resting and no picking things up, no stress etc. When I went to the ER because of pain at work that doc told me "more" rest so I cut my hours back at work for a month losing a lot of money but now I'm going on 7 months with the pain. When I lay on my left side I feel like I can't breath, when I lay on my back my mid back hurts (have had 2numbing shots and still the pain comes back).  Cardiologist said my heart is getting full blood and everything is great there.  So, I'm unsure where I stand at this point too.  But, again my pain management doc is the one that is trying to help me with the pain, I take hydro codons 2 times a day and a muscle relaxer that dosnt cause me to be tired. That drug is Amrix ER 15 mg which was so new the hospital ER didn't have it in their computers yet. I wish you lots of luck and hopefully a pain doctor can help you out.
  • Posted

Hello I was reading your post and I have the same issues. I'm seeing a Naturapath for this as the meds I've taken so for are all opiods which don't seem to touch the pain and side effects are nasty. I've been doing cold laser treatment and tens machine therapy, I haven't tried what the doctors gave you in hospital but I will ask my doctor if it is a option. My naturapath says it's from being cardio verted or shocked so many times as I have a ICD implant which paces my heart and also delivers a shock if your heart rythum goes to fast.my cardiac doctor is doing heart scans tommorow to rule out the heart as the problem,I live with this chest pain so I cope with it for know TY

• Posted

Do you still

Have your pain? I have been suffering with Costo for 3 months with no end in sight

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.