Post circumcision frenulum

Posted , 24 users are following.

So I was circumcised two weeks ago. It has been quite the ordeal let me tell you! I am concerned about one thing the most right now though and just need to ask. The doctor left my frenulum like a fleshy peninsula on my penis. it looks like a clitoris underneath my penis head and it is large. I have seen many post op pictures and none of them have this hideous mound of flesh underneath so why am i cursed? Is this normal? Will it go down? Will I need another painful and embarrassing surgery? My doctor refuses to take phone calls and I am not asking his female staff about this... Please if you have any info do let me know and thank you in advance! I took the best pic I could with my phone but the above view looking down I could not get and that's where you see how far out this flesh really sticks out.

1 like, 83 replies

83 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey, from the pic it still looks swollen so I wouldnt worry unnecessarily.  im sure it will go down. Trust me it looks a darn sight better than mine at the moment. Would send you a pic but dont wanna scare u. Lol.
    • Posted

thanks for the reply! I certainly don't want to be scared haha. I am kind of dealing with a minor infection so I can relate. Been doing a peroxide soak 3 times a day all weekend. I would like to compare after pics maybe if you're up for it. I am still concerned with this penis clitoris the doctor sewed on lol
    • Posted

Hi buddy. Finally my infection has gone.  Healing is going well now as is the sensitivity of theglans. Quite comfortable in my undies but then again I am wearing tight briefs. Erections still painful though. Happy to exchange pics yh of course. Would rather send privately though if you want to via e mail. Cheers. Paceman.
    • Posted

Hi I have just had procedure done. How is your penis now. I am all swollen today and been leaking some what.
    • Posted

How are you healing ? All these guys posted like a year ago .... lol
    • Posted

Hi

I had mine done last Thursday... How is your recovery going.....

I ve had a fair bit of discomfort

• Posted

Hi

It ok looks like a penis again he he a wife jock straps and they helped loads u can private mail me if u want more info.

• Posted

I agree with paceman. Give it time ...

I am surprised your doctor will not take phone calls. Ours will even call back; after all it keeps you out of the surgery!

Change your doctor perhaps ...

• Posted

Hey i know this is an old post but i was wondering what the final result looked like after a full heal and how long did that take?

I recently had this precedure performed and my thing looks swollen/very similar to yours. Please let me know the outcome.

• Posted

Hey there, i never heard back on my earlier message. I am still very interested in the final result and how it turned out.
    • Posted

Hey. I recently had this same procedure done and was wondering what your outcome was. I still have some swelling and the bumps from where the stitches were.
    • Posted

Hi , still around to chat I just got it done have some questions ...
    • Posted

I'm ok , been a week but I have a concern about the frenulum or whatever it is on the back side .... did you have an adult circ done as well ?

• Posted

Any issues with swelling on the frenulum ? The best way to describe it for me is that there is a stitch on at the top where it attached to my head just below it , than a pea size bump below , than a small space before my skin on my shaft starts , what did he do ? Cut it and reattach it ? Bump normal ?
    • Posted

It's hard to say... I have a bump still on mine that the doctor tells me will go away after time but who knows. My frenulum is still intact which I didn't think they did when they did adult circ

• Posted

Mine was also swollen for probably three weeks and I ended up with an infection
    • Posted

Ya I have a feeling I'm going to get an infection as well if not already have one , did they give you a cream or an oral ? How long did it take to clear after you started the meds ?

• Posted

Oral pills. About a week before it noticeable went away. How is it looking?
    • Posted

Looks ok ,,,,, stitches are still in , it will be two weeks Tuesday so I'm hoping they fall out this weekend , one or two have .... its still swollen but not too bad , it's just the frenulum I have a problem with and my head is really sensitive still and hurts sometimes gets swollen so def still healing , you ? Better after a couple a months ?

• Posted

The sensitivity for me went away after a couple weeks. The frenulum for me as well gave me some problems in first month...it felt really tight but that has since changed. I still have a couple bumps
    • Posted

Nasty process , the procedure for me hurt like hell , the freezing absolutely sucked and I felt some cuts it was bad .... i heard 2 weeks and you heal fine , clearly a lie cuz I'm gunna be at this a while till I'm good and back to normal ! How long till you had sex ? Month ?

• Posted

Healed yes .... however ...

1 ) i still have a bump where the frenulum is and I have no idea if it's the frenulum or scar tissue , pretty sure it's the frenulum but I'll find out in July with my follow up appointment

2 ) the scar line is still swollen I think , hasn't really changed appearance in the last three weeks , again I'll find out in July what the deal is with that

3) it was extremely sensitive when I first had it done happy to say that part is getting better however I am still in briefs , boxers still bother me , getting better tho

4 ) this is the worse part. I think my doctor screwed it up and took too much skin off. I feel the scrutum skin has been pulled up cuz I get hair on the lower part of my shaft now and my scrotum seems to hang higher up the shaft now. I am also convinced I lost an inch when erect , not sure tho , but I think I did ....

5 ) costmetically it looks much better , I am happy with the overall result to be honest. When I look down I like what I see. When I am erect , other than losing a little length it looks much better. I keep it shaved to help with the hair at the bottom ( really p*ssed about that ) but I don't think there is much you can do.

I'll find out more in July to see what this bump is and the scar line. Also curious about the loss of length and hair to see what he says about that as well. Check in with me late July for an update

• Posted

Did your problem go  away?  I am having the same problem.  It has been 1 week since my circumcision.  My male clitoris is about the same size as my penis!

• Posted

So has anyone have success with the swelling of the frenulum? Been just a week but alot of the swelling has gone down. My head is still bruised but like alot of you what is most concerning is the swollen clit under my penis. Wasn't going to do a follow up visit with the doctor but I'm thinking I might have too bc I definitely have some questions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.