What Bacterial Vaginosis symptoms did you have??

Posted , 56 users are following.

Just wondering what symptoms have others experienced while having BV?  My symptoms are smelly vaginal discharge which normally smells fishy.  Recently and I have noticed in the past some achy abdominal pains and also swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. Does anyone have any similar symptoms caused by BV.  I have had the infection for since September.  

2 likes, 92 replies

92 Replies

Next
  • Posted

^^I meant recently I have noticed some achy abdominal pains and also swollen lymph nodes in my groin area.  I have had some abdominal pains in the past while having a BV infection.  The swollen lymph nodes have me worried.  Has anyone had any similar symptoms casused by BV.  I have had the infection since September.
  • Posted

Mines smelt fishy. I did have pains which felt like cramps . There was also a watery discharge. 
  • Posted

I don't think Michelle is trying to find out if she has it, I think she knows she has it and just wants to compare our symptoms.  

I have the discharge which can smell musky, fishy or even faintly like stool.  (Yeah, yuck.)  It can be watery sometimes.  I have never had pain.  I hate this illness, ugh!

• Posted

Hi 

i didnt know i had mine, as had no odour, only i felt jist not right in myself, off colour but did t really know why ..

i only had a watery discharge but no fisht smell at all, also i had thrush aswell, all picked up on a smear result ..

treatment for me was via a Gyno and it was antibiotic Clindamycin vaginal ovules for 3 nights followed by thrush treatment for 3 nights and repeated again one month later and all cured now ..

jay  

• Posted

Thanks for your response and the smell for mine varies also eww is all u can say whenever I get a whiff of it. This is something no woman should have to go through I have been battling this for years and years. 
    • Posted

Happy to know you are cured. That's an amazing feeling.  I have had some relief here and there. I have been going through this on. And off  for  years. I have been given antibiotics in the past that worked for a short time and then at some point symptoms would reappear. Thanks for your response.
    • Posted

Hey I know this was over a year ago, but I struggled for a long time as well until I was told by someone that either folate supplements or 800 units of folic acid daily would make it go away. I didn't believe it but after 3 days of this, it was completely gone. I don't understand how it worked, but I'm not complaining.

• Posted

Are you still bv free did you only use 800 mg of folic acid or anything else please respond thank you !!
    • Posted

I know this is a laaate response, but has folic acid worked for you more than once? Not only that, are you taking it consecutively to keep it at bay? I'd love to hear back from you as metronidazole is something I don't want to take with every bout. Thanks.

• Posted

Glad to see someone else with different bv "scents". I've described mine as fishy sometimes, musky, or "sour" maybe, at others and sometimes like trash and rarely - luckily-, like poo. But no matter which one it is, YUCK. I thought I was crazy that it wasn't fish all the time. Seems to change for me.

• Posted

Hi MIchelle the fishy discharge is the most noticeable symptom my stomach aches and inside feels dry and a bit swollen, no bv this week but usually goes when my period starts and comes back one I start having sex again x
    • Posted

Mine normally goes away during and after my period also and always comes back after sex. I haven't had sex in almost a month hoping things would balance back out without having to make another trip to the doctor (that hasn't happened) the doctor only gives me meds and tells me basically to deal with it. This is all too frustrating.  I wish doctors would take this issue more seriously and help the many women suffering from this find a real cure a cure that will last.
    • Posted

You hit the nail on the head there..

Doctors havent a clue..

i ended up gping to a private Gyno and got mine sorted thank goodness

i hope you find something that sorts it

jay x

• Posted

I have smelly wattery discharge and usually bad after my period and sex, no pains just very embarrassing sex for my partner :-(

I get it cleared up just for it to return after my period.... So annoying.

I am now trying coconut oil with tea tree oil suppositories and so far after two days it's a lot better! Going to do this every day (even during my period euchhhhh sorry tmi)

• Posted

Let me know if you continue to progress with this treatment method.  I have been wanting to try the tea tree oil suppositories myself.  I have heard all good news about them. I will be making an appt tomorrow and will probably be prescribed the usual Flagly along with that I will be implementing some home rememdies as well.  I wish you the best of luck!Keep me posted.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, this is my third day and I have to say I feel great, the smell has gone and it feels more normal down there now (plus we are ttc and if anything was going to trigger it it would be my partners semen) sorry tmi....

But iv struggled with this for a year on and off after my period - tried diet change, the probiotic pills, yoghurt, garlic up my hoohaa, the tampon soaked with olive oil and tea tree oil - never any relief so this was worth a try.

COCONUT OIL is the secret and the answer to all my prayers! It's completely natural, anti fungal, anti microbial, highly easily absorbed and kills BAD bacteria, instead of just treating the bacteria that's easily reached it soaks into the wall of the vagina deep into the membranes (apparently) but I can swear this is the best thing iv tried yet and it works.

• Posted

What you need - 

1 jar unrefined coconut oil (Tesco do it)

1 ice cube tray with rounded bottom (not the standard rectangle/square shape)

Tree tea oil 

Scoop out some solid coconut oil and put in glass bowl and melt it in a pot of hot water like how you would melt chocolate, once melted add the tea tree oil, stir and then fill the ice tray and put I'm fridge to harden, transfer into storage bag once solid and that's your one a day treatment :-) 

Slide one up last thing before bed - use a pad for leakage - and I plan on doing this now for a good month or two until I feel safe enough to stop using, it's a miracle treatment 

• Posted

Thank you so much.  Im going to try this.  I visited the doctor today and of course you know what they gave me smile 
    • Posted

By saying "1jar" what size jar did you buy??

• Posted

Try 800 units of folic acid daily. The tea tree oil will dry out your Vijayjay.
    • Posted

How are you applying the coconut oil? I’ve heard great things but not sure how to go about using it. Just saw my Gyno a month ago and my Pap smear came back normal but I know there is something wrong. 
    • Posted

do you happen to have a Mirena? i only started getting these after my mirena and then its much harder to get rid of because ive heard if can basically stick to your iud. if you do maybe ask for an antibiotic that can be inserted down there.

Its often good to repeat a month after for me anyway.

having my first since i got my second iud and noticing more symptoms so thats why i jumped on here but sounds like im not the only one!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.