I was on zoladex approx 5years ago for endometriosis, it...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was on zoladex approx 5years ago for endometriosis, it was great then in the last 12 months the dreaded pain returned and the heavy prolonged periods with it. My consultant decided to try the injections again for 6 months. I am just about to have my last injection, this time I have been unlucky, I have put on over 2.5 stone, my periods have not stopped compleatly they now last 3 days with crippling period pains followed by a vaginal discharge for 1 week after and a mixture of constipation or loose stools, headache, nausea, mood swings and very tearful. I am now 49 years old and feel like 89 with stiff painfull joints.sad

[i:aeaf415dfc]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:aeaf415dfc]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have read your comments and have a question with respect to the stiff painful joints. I have a very stiff back most of the time and am wondering if it is due to the endometriosis I suffer from as well or I wonder if it is osteoarthritis which is what my GP thought it was 2 years ago when it started - has become progressively worse over these past 2 years. I am confused as the back pain is every day - goes away when I am moving around - comes back at rest - very stiff first thing in the morning - just like osteoarthritis does. I get the pelvic pain (where I can't even walk), pain on urination and can't have a bowel movement at all for about 4 days with my period each month. Just trying to figure out the back pain part and whether it is related and why it happens all month long instead of just with the period.

Sorry to ramble on like this but when I read your comment about the stiff painful joints I just had to ask what you mean by this and see if it matches my situation!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.:?

[i:14d6250073]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:14d6250073]

• Posted

I have read your notes. I have only had two injections so far and am due the nex one in a few days time. I don't really want ot get this one as I have felt terrible for the last two months, with nausea, not having any energy, constantly tired, and the hot flushes are terrible, really don't get any sleep. Sometimes I don't feel like I can go to work, as I don't feel I can concentrate that well. The pain I had before taking this was bad and sometimes I could not even stand up, bu to be honest this was no where near as bad as I feel now. Does it get any better if I carry on taking the injections?

Thanks it has been great to talk to someone else who possibly understands.

[i:956aa9e2ee]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:956aa9e2ee]

• Posted

Hi I have just started my injections for the first week i felt fantastic but have gone down hill rapidly with sleepless nights and sweating hot flushes stomach pains that drive you made you dont want to get out of bed. skin itching mainly at night and have put on a bit of weight. I must admit i am a little nervous of having another one. what if it is always going to be like this or do you think it will settle.. Please help

Many thanks

[i:37fe795af5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:37fe795af5]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.