pityriasis rosea on face and neck

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

Around 5 or so weeks ago i was told by my doc i had pityriasis rosea... my chest tummy and back were covered. All those spots have gradually faded and are almost gone, but now I have the same thing on my neck cheeks and jawline... I was told by the doctor this is rare but it is the same thing.

Has anyone else suffered with this on their face? and did anyone find anything that helped? Not only is my face red, it's now very dry too but i'm wary of putting anything on it as moisturisers etc sting when I put them on! All the doc gave me was Eurax lotion to help the itching. Can anyone recommend anything at all?my face feels so tight and sore and cold weather not helping at all!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I've suffered in the past and I'll repeat what I've advised others on here. The only thing that worked (within 5 days) for me was Collodial Silver. You can get it via Ebay or Health Shops. It calms the skin and cures the rash.

Now the bad news. Using Collodial Silver gives you a bad cold for a few days. I felt bad for about 3 days then the rash faded fast and the cold simply went.

Let me know how you get on.

David

• Posted

Thanks David, i'll look into that.

I was given some tea tree and witch hazel cream by a friend yesterday and i'm pleased to say it's taken the soreness and the redness away a bit, my face now feels very dry but looks no where near as blotchy as it was.

Thanks for replying!

• Posted

I had a big patch on my tummy that was scaly and very itchy and kidn of spread to my chest, then i went to the doctor, the first doctor told me its pityriasis rosea and given an ointment after a couple of months its gone then back again on my face and arms with a big patch on my tummy, then ive been given another ointment and some tablet which makes me feel very sleepy. had to take it for three weeks. it was gone for few weeks. Now its back again with another big patch, this time in my back and some itchiness in my chest and get itchiness and scale at the side of my nipples. Im too shy to go back to the doctor now as it looks like its not really cured. I guess i just lear to live with it.
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing! I'm experiencing PR for the fist time... And it's scarring and continues. It's all over my face now! And its causing much stress amd acne! Can someone please help! I just want this to go away!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.