just been diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

was diagnosed bout 4 week ago with psoriatic arthritis, the last 2 week have been the worst pain a have even been through,

my knee gave way at work and a couldnt put any weight through my right leg, i still cant, was in hospital for a week, and was discharged with crutches and was given numbers for wheelchair, a just turned 25 last week and had to celebrate it in hospital, a hate this a cry everynight cause my knee that swollen a cant work, cant play football, nothing, a got a injection into me knee last tuesday but still not taken an effect with pain or nor has it reduced the swelling, am scared am gonna get a severe cast of it and wnt be able to do the things av set out for my self.......

am scared al need to give up work as am not the kind of person to sit bout.......

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just found this.  Are you feeling any better?  Do let me know if you need any information.  Sleep can improve with low dose amitryptiline - if you're still waking in pain, ask your GP about it.

• Posted

Hi

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I was diagnosed nearly 4 weeks ago and been in agony over Christmas and new year, my job requires me to be on my feet a lot and split shifts cripple me some days. I've got doctors appointment on Thurs I'm presuming that its just to go through what's next and been very lucky to get appointment with rhumy in Feb. I've not been hospitalized but been close with same symptoms as you and my knee locking all the time. What pain relief are you on? I'm currently taking 24 pills a day and still outbreaks of pain and dull ache all day

I put a cry for help on here as a last resort a few weeks ago as I was at my witts end and the replys I got were very helpful and informative from other people in the same situation as us both further down the road with treatment.

I found reading some of the other posts on here very helpful with what lies ahead for me and I'm determined not to let it ruin my life or time I have with my children whilst they are young. Please stay in touch and let us know how your getting on

Jay

• Posted

Hi,

I also suffer with psoriatic arthritis in my knees, last year I had a flare up after taking a tumble, i was given injections, which made things easier, but only lasted about 10 weeks, then back to square one, I had another lot of injections later in the year, which didn't do a thing, so I was still using a wheelchair, as I can't walk far, just manage to the car. I went back to rheumatology and asked for methotrexate, which i was on before and it worked wonders for me, I have only been back on methotrexate for a month and already I can feel the difference, I am taking 4 paracetomal a day to help avoid any pain, I know it can take 3months to feel the real benefit, but after spending a year in pain, the blood tests and not drinking are well worth it. Methotrexate does not suit everyone, but worth giving it atry.   Hope you get sorted soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.