Awful itchy chillblains,in fingers and toes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all, i am an 22 year old woman and i live in warm(!!!) Greece!!! i say warm, because the climate here is warm,in winter too. It is not like Russia for example..

From the time i was born,i ALWAYS sleep with socks...and sometimes with double pair....because of cold feet!!!Whoever saw me sleeping like that ,laughed veeeeeery much..

Well, last year for first time in my life i had chillblains.....Only in my right hand's fingers and right foot toes. They were painfull,red,purple,itchy, swollen fingers like....sausages!!!!!!!!yes,yes....

i visited a reumatologist,and he told me that i have Lupus . My Nuclear Antibodies were borderly positive,, 1/160. I was so scared ,and i wanted a 2nd opinion from other doctor. So i went to another reumatologist and he said......"dont visit reumatologist again.you dont have Lupus!!!!It is raynaud syndrome and it is so common like....a headache!!!!These are only chillblains...and the only thing you can do is to protect yourself in winter". 

Well i didnt protect myself well and now i got chillblains again....but i want to tell everyone here is......don't be afraid!!!!It's just nothing!!!! Don't scratch them, you hurt them.....be friend with those little s***ts and moisturize them .....i am so familiar with them, that i goodmorning them too...duhh.. :P

just.....live your life without thinking them!!!!!! :D

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello dimi. Wise words but it's hard not to scratch. This is the first year I've not developed chilblains in the winter for more years than I care to remember but that's because my GP prescribed me Nifedipine. When I started the Nifedipine in August I had a chilblain on one of my toes. It disappeared within 2 days. I've never had chilblains on my hands only my toes. On the hands it must be so hard to deal with.
    • Posted

it is very hard my friend! nifedipine is very good for chillblains i know..... but i already have low blood pressure and nifedipine reduces it more.... you can try oil for chillblains... put it on and wear your gloves! also you can try a cortisone cream! in daily basis! 
    • Posted

wear your socks* smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.