Mouth/Throat/Chest problems, tasting metal/salt help?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Basically I will get straqight to the point.

It began 4/5 days ago, my mouth tasted metallic but I thought nothing of it, 4 days has passed and today it tastes salty instead constantly, usually after I eat, but at night times it tastes bitter constantly. I don't know whether it is in the saliva or from the bottom area where my bottom teeth are? when I suck on the underneath of my tongue/bottom teeth the taste is stronger.

I have a very painful throat now starting from today, it is very hard to breathe and when I try to breathe deeply it feels tight on my chest.

I have an ulcer on my tongue probably just inconveniant and I feel generally ill from today, like I feel weak and slightly light headed.

My main concern is this metallic/salty/bitter taste which won't leave?

Does anyone have any idea what all this oculd be rolleyes

I am not sure which topic this should be in

Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If I were you I would go to the ER. Sounds like you have an infection and if so it can travel fast. To your tongue and to your throat.

Mine went under my tongue and I had infection under my left tooth. I had to have my tooth pulled to get of the infection.

• Posted

thank you  smile

ER?

I have a doctors appointment on wednesday morning?

Should I wait until then or not?

• Posted

If it gets worse to where you can't breath and swallow you better go to the ER
    • Posted

No problem thank you

like I said now my throat is really sore and it is hard to breathe now, feels tight

• Posted

I experienced the exact same thing and it a dental abscess. It requires treatment with broad spectrum antibiotic and usually the abscess needs to be removed.
  • Posted

41 year old female

Omg! I've had & still have the exact same thing. It's been going on for 3 months! I've been to primary care Dr 4 times. He did Ct scan because we thought it was a sinus infection. Nope. Then he gave me medicine to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease. Nope, don't have heart burn or acid reflux. Then he treated me for oral thrush. Nope. Finally begged PCP for an antibiotic and im taking that now. Doesn't seem to be getting better either. During this time I've gone to the dentist swearing it was a tooth 3 times. Dentist did x-rays nothing. Nope, nothing wrong with teeth and gums. Dentist is referring me to oral pathologist. Out of pocket $300. I'm at my end with the strange occurring taste daily. Worse in the evening.

Have you found the reason for this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.