HELP! veins appeared on breasts and other symptoms - worried sick!

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have got these blue veins which have suddenly appeared on my breasts around the nipple area (one on my left breast is quite prominent) and I have never had them before. Also I sometimes get itchy skin on my breasts. I cant find any lumps or anything but did suffer with occasional pain/soreness in my left breast which I put down to hormonal reasons as it wasnt constant.

I dont know if this is connnected but  I have also had this ache in my left shoulder/top of arm area when I lift it to do anything and now pain in my back, especially round shoulder blades area when lying in bed on my back for too long (it feels like theres something there) and my legs have a dull ache in them.  I am 38 and have 2 children and have been on the pill for 12 years. Did go to the doctors last week and he looked at the veins on my breasts but didnt seem particularly concerned, though he did ask if they definitely were not there before so I said no they were not. He seemed more concerned with my aches and ordered a blood test for me to check for anything muscular, which I am having done this week.  I have also had a chest x-ray done as I was experiencing pain/heaviness/discomfort in that area but that came back clear -( dont know if it would show any breast problems though?)  All this is making me panic so much and I am on some pills to help with the anxiety. I feel like I cant enjoy life at the moment and when I'm on my own at home I just sit there in tears and wish it would all go away so I could feel normal and healthy again.  My fiance is very understanding though he works away during the week so its just me and the girls.  Grateful for any help on this.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, you sound similar to me, I don't have the veins but I do have slight intermittent breast pain (no lumps), back and shoulder pain, chest pains every now and then and aching legs (last couple days). I'm worrying constantly and every new feeling or twinge or ache I'm writing myself off. I'm 35 with a 3 year old and husband - feel like I can't enjoy life either I'm worrying every day - how long has yours been, mines coming up to a year now :-(

i was diagnosed with costochondritis last year after i had two seperate ecg's both of which were normal. Doctors keep telling me it's stress and anxiety.

hope you start feeling better soon.

• Posted

Hi

I started having shoulder ache and slight chest pain about 7 months ago and did go to doctors then and had blood test for infection etc but came back all clear. Then seemed to go away on its own apart from occasional breast pain until a month ago when it all came back plus more symptoms like aching legs and the veins. Do your breasts still look normal as mine seem to have a kind of blotchy/mottled look to them now.

• Posted

Please do not put it off, you may also ask your doctor to schedule an ultrasound. I dismissed my symtofor years and wound up having both legs amputee to $AVE MY LIFE!!...??? I had multiple blood clots in both legs and even stints and then vascular surgey (had to heal from the groin to my ankle...staples all the way down) was not enough to save my lgs! First the left, 3 yrs later the right!...???

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear about your story! You had your legs amputated because of blood clots? That sounds really really strange to me, are you sure it wasn't due to something else? Tissue death maybe? Do you have diabetes? I am sorry I'm asking for so many details but this got me worried as I am also on the pill xx M

• Posted

I'm sorry no disrespect but I really think this is some scam to shame girls into not using contraceprives. It just doesn't make sense that they would amputate your legs for a clot, as the clot can travel quickly to the lungs from there hence there would be no point or guarantee in cutting the leg off. Opening up the vein as a last resort if it is a big clot, yes. But you would try resolving the clot first. Indications for amputation would be serious infection or tissue necrosis. I'm sorry, I hope your ok though. No hate x

• Posted

Ring these people, they are great for putting minds at rest, helping you know what is normal and what is not as well as having some great leaflets.

Breast cancer care -Free Helpline

0808 800 6000

Our regular Helpline hours are:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm

Saturday, 10am-2pm

Please note: We are closed on English bank holidays

Our free, confidential Helpline is here to answer any questions about breast cancer or breast health.

Calls are answered by nurses and trained staff with experience of breast cancer. Whatever your concern, you can be confident we’ll understand the issues you might be facing, and that the information you’ll receive is clear and up to date.

We will also let you know where else you can go for further support and information.

'I've gained an enormous amount from the Helpline. The main thing has been to stop anxieties escalating, but also much needed information. Gaining information helps with decision making and feeling more in control. I honestly don't know what I'd have done without the Helpline.'

Helpline user

Whatever your situation or background

The Helpline receives calls from people in many different situations and backgrounds, including:

women and men with breast cancer or breast health concerns

friends, relatives, partners and children of people with breast cancer

healthcare professionals.

• Posted

Thanks. Think I need to pluck up the courage to do this as my mind cant take much more - I really will drive myself crazy otherwise.
  • Posted

Did you ever find out what was going on? Are you ok? I'm currently having the same symptoms and freaking out as well. Thanks in advance for any input.
    • Posted

Hi I didnt actually find the cause of all my symptoms apart from the pain in my left breast which was caused by swollen glands and I now take evening primrose oil daily which has stopped the pain! The other symptoms seemed to ease off on their own so I really havent a clue. I still get a sore back sometimes directly behind my breasts so dont know what thats about. Hope you have managed to sort your symptoms out anyway.
  • Posted

I would be interested to hear if you ever got to the bottom of these symptom's as I to are having very similar symptoms. Protruding tender viens one is more protruding than the others, sore shoulder, arm and weak heavy feeling. I am awaiting a appointment with a breast surgeon (gp recommended, as a surgeon would have a sound knowledge of breasts and what is normal and not so normal) but again have been told it could be a wee wait.

Bk from visiting gp again as pain isn't subsiding and protruding vein becoming firm and ropy. Go sending a referral for a mammogram, so waiting...waiting... waiting... while stressing... stressing... stressing....

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear you are having similar problems to me. I had a mammogram and ultrasound which didnt show up anything apart from swollen glands in my left breast which they said was causing the pain in that breast. I got advised to take 3000mg of evening primrose oil a day and gradually the pain would ease and sure enough it did. Now I take them every day. The breast consultant who examined my breasts said they looked normal with no puckering and she wasnt concerned about the protruding veins or itching.

Evenyually the itching eased off and the sore armpit I had hasnt caused me any problems recently either. Also the veins dont appear to be so visible as what they were originally. I have no idea why these symptoms have cleared up. I still get a sore back sometimes directly behind my breasts but dont know why. I know how stressful all this can be as I drove myself mad and it made me so anxious. Anyway hope this helps

• Posted

I find this really reassuring thank you beck. I am 26 years old and found a lump in my breast a few months ago as well as experiencing pain and my right breast becoming swollen. I was sent for an ultrasound and was told it was just hormonal tissue and advised to take evening primrose oil, which initially worked! However the pain is back and the last 2 days I have been experiencing pain in my armpit also. I am so worried about this.. both of my paternal great aunts died of breast cancer, one was in her early 30s and the other in her 60s. I'm not sure how relevant this family link is in terms of risk of developing BC. I've also started getting spots on my breasts which I have never experienced?! I have a 1 year old daughter and I am terrified of the thought of dying and leaving her x

• Posted

If you are having itching & swollen lymph nodes you should be checked for Lymphoma ( Cancer of the Lymph nodes ) It is a very treatable & common type of Cancer

• Posted

Take vitamin d3 injection once in a month and b12 injection one in a week for 4 week.

Dnt wory about any thing else

• Posted

Also use vitamin c chewable 500mg at least for 1 month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.