Post Vasectomy Pain PVP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not told about post vasectomy pain by Dr ,Which affects approx 5% of patients with some like myself pain does not go away , Treatments have poor success rate .A good Dr will clearly tell you this and you can then make your own mind up but Many dont as most men are put off when they find this out ! Do your research first before the Quick Snip leaves you with long term pain that can be very difficult if not impossible to get rid off .

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The NHS now admit 10% of all men done get long term pain let alone other problems. It now seems that the` geni is out of the bottle` with easy access on the internet.The Family Planners will not be able to get us men snipped any more. Surely who would want to get done anyway, knowing all the risks now that we are better informed.

I am just another bloke who was conned into having this awful opperation, which in its self was not that bad, but the long term pains are completly unexceptable .

• Posted

Bill problem is many, like both of us, do not research the effects and risk of this operation, sadly and stupidly we placed our trust and our health in the hands of the NHS and medical profession who are more than happy to seriously downplay the risks from Post Vasectomy Pain.

The surgery I went to for the procedure actually told me there was "no evidence of long term risk to men's physical or mental health" - with clear lies / exceptionally misleading information like this it is easy to see how many could be persuaded to trust the GP and go ahead with the vasectomy.

I wonder how many men would proceed if they were told the following:

Well there is a risk of upto 14% that you could end up in lifelong pain and part of this pain profile would mean that there is possibility that you will not be able to have intercourse with your partner again.

That is EXACTLY the risk and that is EXACTLY what the patient should be informed...in those words! Until then the NHS and Dr's are putting lives and livelihoods and relationships at serious risk with their insistence it is a low risk procedure.

Never consider a vasectomy folks if you love your partner! I have been with my partner for 25years now and our lives are being shattered by the lack of sex. Ask yourself this....if you have a snip at say 30 - 40 could you stand not having sex with the woman you love for the next 30 plus years? That is a long time to lie next to someone and not be able to make love to them. Ask yourself would your wife hang around if her sex life was over at 30-40yrs due to your vasectomy.

The risk from this procedure is immensely huge.

• Posted

I have suffered with pain since I had my Vasectomy around 15 to 20 years ago, only actually finding out more about it now, I have been refered to Hospital many times, had quite a few ultrasound scans done, found inflamation and a small cysts, Hospital said I should ask GP to refer me to Nuroligist, I suffer every symptom linked to PVP, GP said a Nuroligist wouldn't be able to help, the only cure would be to remove testicles, I thought this was strange as I only have pain in the right side. I think I'll be going for a second opinion, now I know that it's more common, than my GP is letting on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.