prescribed Doxasin

Posted , 4 users are following.

:evil: I felt as if I was facing death in the face. Only tookiDoxazosin 2mg for a fortnight and I felt dreadful. Dizzy, sickly, confused, shaky and jumpy. My doctor prescribed it to help my breathing Alright it did help but it made me feel like death. He was only trying to help. My water works and bowls went wrong. In the end i couldn't face food. I was sucking Rennies to take the sickness away. I have been off them 2days now and i am alive again. I cannot believe the difference. Dont take them unless you really have to.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have a real problem trying to come off Doxazosin .Been on 4mg for 4yrs.Doctor took me off Amlodapine and put me on 8mg of Dox and I thought I was going to die the first night on them.My heart went mad!and my BP went sky high.I dont think Dox helps with my BP but Amlodapine does.JOHN
  • Posted

I now have vertigo due to Doxazosin ,trying to come off them but get withdrawal probs John
  • Posted

I was prescribed Doxazosin at 2mg as fourth line medication for high blood pressure.

Having little effect it was increased to 4mg. Then had faecal incontinence.

Stopped drug immediately. Withdrawal symptoms however made me feel not quite with it and getting worse so stopped all drugs. GP not happy.

Discovered however that Doxasozin was removed from drug comparison trials due to excessive end stage morbidity.

The drug was not withdrawn from use to treat hypertension even though it was described as more than 100% less effective than other drugs and significantly

suggested a doubling of the risk of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

You'll probably see this risk in the small print on the Patient Information Leaflet with references to the ALLHAT study.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.