Bendroflumethiazide Good experiences for a change

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on this drug for about 12 days. My blood pressure has improved dramatically and I have never felt better. In fact I seem to be less anxious and bad tempered since being on this !!

Has anybody else experienced feeling less stressed out etc since being on Bendroflumethiazide (what a mouthful) LOL

Most discussions on here seem to give people side effects. smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Its NOT the discussions that give side effects, it`s the medication.

Again it depends on the strenght of the tablet, we are ALL different. Some people are on more than one tablet for various reasons and this can cause a problem.

I take the tablet you mentioned 2.5 mg after 3 days my ankles where near perfect.

Keep joining in on the discussions.

• Posted

I think too that the fact that something is working for you takes away the stress.
  • Posted

I had been taking Bendroflumethiazide for about 4 years for blood pressure. I had no side effects with them whatsoever. Earlier this year I started getting chest pains and was referred to the local hospital where a cardiologist to me that I had angina. When he looked at the list of tablets I was taking he told me that it was the Bendroflumethiazide that had caused it. They increase your chlorestrol and the your blood sugar level. 

It would have been nice if the doctor had warned me about this. I was never told that I would need to keep a check on my chlorestrol level. I nearly died recently due to the angina becoming unstable. 

I have now had a stent fitted and am feeling better, but I am so angry that I was not told that this drug could do this to me. I am 63

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.