Doxazosin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on 4mg of this terrible drug for 4yrs ,wish I had refused it at the time.Am now trying to come off it,ruined my life!! sad sad . JOHN 67yrs old

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

John, can you say in what way it ruined your life? I am having awful side effects from either doxazosin or amlodipine, and I wondered if your side effects were similar to mine.
  • Posted

The problems I have with Doxazosin are a permanent head cold and breathing difficulties all year round, very depressed,itching over my whole body and head and if taken at nightime cant sleep with heart palpitations plus I take Amlodapine max dose. Cant win can I . JOHN
  • Posted

Some of those effects I am experiencing. The nasal problems and depression certainly. I am sick and tired of feeling like a little old lady. And of the idiot doctors whose eyes glaze over when you try to tell them how you are feeling. They just then want to give you a prescription for antidepressants. I give up. Useless the lot of them.
  • Posted

Hello all you lucky people that are currently on Dozaxosin!!!! I have had to go back on it because I felt very ill and fainted in Sainsburys .Not taking the drug dropped my BP very low ,it sounds silly but I thought I was on it to reduce my BP.I also take Amp 10mg Atenonal 50mg Olmasartan plus water tabs.An
  • Posted

[color=darkblue:ec3f6b8256]So your blood pressure actually dropped AFTER stopping the doxazosin? How weird is that? I hope you cope with the side effects then if you have got to stay on them sad [/color:ec3f6b8256]
  • Posted

Had to go back on Doz but now trying to reduce Amlodapine.Omega 3 is helping to reduce my BP.Should have taken it years ago.Doz is very difficult to stop once you have been on it for a long time.I know!!.John
  • Posted

I took one 2mg doz tablet and oh boy did I know about it. Woke up with a nightmare of a headache! Took all day lying down to shift it. To be honest have tried most BP drugs and all have side effects and don't seem to work for me. Am also taking 100mg of Losartan but blood pressure still 160/100 and has been that way consistently for a long time. Seems nothing works and am now seriously considering coming off all the tablets and taking my chances. I def wont be taking any more of the doxazosin.!!! I walk regularly and eat well, consume vast quantities of beetroot juice. I just feel that after almost 30 years of bp medication I can't take much more of them. Seems like there must be lots of other people feeling the same way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.