will the weird feeling ever go away?

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 4 months ago, my doctor changed my medication from mirtazipine to lofepramine. Initially I took 70mg in the morning, and 70mg at night. Although I got side effects, I didnt feel a huge improvement in my mood. I saw my doctor again last week, and he suggested increasing my morning dose to 140mg, and sticking to the 70mg at night, making a total dose of 210mg a day. I can't decide if I feel any better because I am distracted by the fact that I feel weird all the time. Its generally bursts of dizziness, or feeling a bit \"trancy\". Is it just me?? Its affecting my work slightly, but I'd persevere if I thought the feeling would stop :?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just been increases to 2x70mg of Lofepramine so I'll keep you posted. 
  • Posted

Hello, I have been on this medication for Y E A R S...it made all the difference to me.

The way I got around the feeling strange was that I took/take the entire dose at night when I go to bed. I do sometimes get slight dizzy spells but they are not too bad.

Ps. I was on 210/day now managed to get down to 140/day.

Good luck! X

• Posted

hello redsquirrel how have you got on with Lofepramine? Do you have a long term view on it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.