Is anybody had try using TENS machine .

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last couple of weeks ago I had a pain on the back of my legs,not mentioning the so called plantar fasciitis, this all happened when few staff isn't able to come to work, I referred myself to the staff physio,and she let me borrowed a TENS machine which help me to cope with the pain,I hate taking tablets, and beside I can't take Ibuprofen for I had a history of gastritis, and one time I took it I feel the pain on my stomach again, so I prefer not to take anything, apart from when I needed one like antibiotics. I am planning to purchase this TENS machine but it's too expensive. I am thinking twice if it's gonna worth it for me to purchase it.

Can you share a further experienced using this machine please?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I bought aTENS machine a year ago and have found it to be excellent certainly to help pain relief especially just before going to bed. I was using it on really painful knees. My husband also finds it useful. You can

easily get replacement pads for the machine I think they are excellent.

• Posted

Hmmn thank you for the effort replying on my message here, I am sure I am going to get one,this well help me specially every after my shift.
  • Posted

I have been using a Tens unit I got while working in Japan 34yrs ago having suffered bouts of leg and back pain since my early 20's. I am now close to 60 and have been off work with pain since Christmas. I do not like taking meication but the pain was so bad my GP put me on the max dose of Tramado but after 2 weeks it did not stop the pain. Having tried various other pain killers I am now taking Codeine & Paracetamol which for me seems to work reasonable well in conjunction with the Tens running constantly.

For me a basic Tens is fantastic but I did have to try placing the electrodes in different places until I found the most effective sites. My wife also uses a Tens periodically and between us we have 6 Omron Tens machines the oldest being 34+ yrs old and still working well. The one I use the most is a very basic one that cost me £19.00 from a well known local high street Chemist, our most expensive one £100.00 is no better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.