Sig tomorrow really scared

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi having a flexi sig with sedation tomorrow, very frightened from what I have read on here. Does sedation help with the pain, on the verge of cancelling it. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had one last Saturday - I was really nervous.   Do you know what?  For me, it was uncomfortable, I really didn't like it, but there is no real 'pain' as such.  Not for me at least.  And in the end I opted not to have the sedation.

The main problem is you just feel icky - as they blow air in your bowel it feels like you are going to have a movement right there in front of them all - but you won't!  It'll feel uncomfortable for a minute or two, then settle down, then it'll be over before you know it.  

its not that bad.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its how I'd like to spend every Saturday, but personally, I'd say just go for it and get it out the way and after you'll be relieved you did it and got it over with.

Best of luck

Dan.

• Posted

Thanks Dan, I have been worried all evening, like you say just get it over and done with.  just want it to be Tuesday all done with.

• Posted

Ok Samantha please ! I'm due for a sig this coming week , how was your experience? I'm beyond terrified. I feel like cancelling the app ! Please let me know your honest experience despite if it was a bad one. So many people here have said nothing but bad experiences.
  • Posted

For me the gas and air helped, would not have coped without. Dont cancel it you obviously need the area looked at. It does not take long. 
  • Posted

Hi, I had mine done on Friday without sedation wasn't offered it.  It wasn't too bad just a bit uncomfortable.  I would def ask for sedation next time as sure it will be a lot less uncomfortable.  Like you I just wanted it over and done with and was worth having as they found some large polyps, so am just waiting on results now.  Sure you will be fine xx
  • Posted

Hello Samantha 77967. I am so scared to have my flexible

signmoidscopy done. Monday I meet with the doctor to go

Over sedation. I want sedation, because the last time I had

an enema it was so painful that I screamed. I also had a

larascopy hysterectomy. Some people say it was very painful

, because of the scarring from their hysterectomy. I am terrified

to have this done. Do you have any advice for me? I would truly

appreciate it

God Bless

• Posted

Hiya Sam,

I had my flex sig yesterday. I can assure you it's nothing really to worry about. Although uncomfortable,it's NOT the torturous procedure that some would make out. I had a superb group of nurses that looked after me from enema to tea&biscuits. The hardest part is the bends in your colon but just breathe nice and slowly and you'll be fine. Best of luck xx

• Posted

Hi Samantha, just noticed your post feeling as were , did you go through with it and please how was it ... Having my tomorrow and thinking the same as you about cancelling as well .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.