Hiatal Hernia surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I had the hiatal hernia wrap a year ago this month. It was good for about 6 months, then I started having issues again. I had another upper gi and endoscopy and my wrap has come undone. I will be having my second surgery in 2 weeks, hopefully this will be the last one. I am going to a doctor this time that actually helps write the books on this operation so I am hoping this one goes better. Not looking forward to it, but I want to feel better.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The same happened to my ex... his wrap came undone three times. Strongs, I hope this doctor sorts you out once and for all and that your recovery is swift!
    • Posted

I hope so too. He said if it cme undone again, there is another option but he didn't want to go into that right now.

• Posted

Oh no Marie, I had a very good surgeon and I am three months after my surgery now. I expect you will have better luck this time. I'm so sorry you have to do this twice. 

Judy

• Posted

I know it's been a while but how did your second surgery go? Any advice? Recovery time?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.