HRT switiching from Femoston 1/10 to Tibolone 2.5

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been told by my doctor that I should come off Femoston 1/10 (been on for over 10 years) and they've put me on Tibolone 2.5. I'd been really happy with the Femoston and I'm now worried what to expect from Tibolone. Any one else made this switch?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry no-one answered this - I too have switched from Femoston Conti to Tiberlone.

Love Tiberlone (Livial in Aust) but 3rd packed in and started a period this morning - weird, otherwise feeling fantastic.

How has your progress gone - love to hear from you?

Kindly,

Loui x 

• Posted

Hi 

Just wanted to ask a question, I have been on HRT for 12 years, I had a 2 year break in 2010 but went back on it, I am now 64. My usual HRT wasn't available earlier this year and the alternative made me bleed, my GP gave me Livial but by then (April) I had decided to go cold turkey and stop so didn't take it, I notice that since April my skin has really dried and looks wrinkly, libido decreased, and I am getting hot flushes again although not too bad, no energy and a bit emotional. I am thinking of going onto Livial/Tibolone but want to know if everyone gains weight. Would love to hear from others to help me make up my mind. Thanks in advance.

• Posted

How are things going with you?

Have been on Tiberlone over 6 months now and almost my old self - it really is amazing, haope you have had some success?

Loui x

• Posted

Hi Rhino2015,

Have you had any bleeding on Tiberlone since starting?

I am on Indivina, started it 3 weeks ago, and have been bleeding for a few days now but the bleed is making me physically ill.

I am eager to change to another no bleed prep but not sure which one is most likely to actually not cause bleeding as HRT-induced bleeds seem to make me feel so poorly and unable to function.

Thanks so much

• Posted

Hiya - yes bled both times I started Tiberlone, although very heavy and checked out - it was caused by the medication and a side affect which has well passed. I love this stuff and feel so energetic again. Hang in there it is worth the wait - have not heard of Indivina.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.