Drawing a blank with my brain!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi smile

been experiencing problems with my mind for about three years, when it started I went to my GP and they did a memory test which I passed, though in February last year I began losing periods of time. and I completely fail to remember certain things.

The way I described it to docs is that the place where my thoughts used to appear is empty, there's like a mist there obscuring the thoughts, I can see like shadowy movements, but nothing else.

In November I had an MRI and they found lots of lesions on my frontal lobes, I also had a more detailed memory test which according to the doc I did "ok" with but it looks like I struggle to remember verbal communication, but not visual for example -  I struggled to recall the an address the doc spoke to me, until I saw it written down, but even then I got two things wrong - he also said given the results of the test it was very unlikely I had alzheimers or demenia.

I've been trying to explain to the consultants secretary that this is a big problem, been given an appointment for mid April, as they say it isn't urgent, but honestly, I no longer feel like I'm me anymore.

I've also lost confidence, I don't mix well with strangers, almost reclussive, changed me from an extrovert to an introvert. I no longer drive at night, for some reason the car lights seem extrordinarily bright now.

Wouldn't mind a few pointers.

best, Lee smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

As long as you are aware that there is a problem you are OK. It's when your not aware that there is a problem that trouble begins.  From your letter I don't believe you have Alzheimers or Dementia. Unfortunately I deal with both.
    • Posted

Thank you Larkie, I believe my doctor, I just couldn't see any other group here that fitted my symptoms. I forgot to say in my posting above that they think I had a virus at some stage that affected my brain, the lesions on the frontal lobes would explain the memory and personality changes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.