Blood clot

Posted , 8 users are following.

I just got up after being asleep and blew my nose and a massive blood clot came out! Wtf??. Should I be worried? Better out than in I guess!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't worry, you possibly blew your nose before and burst a little blood vessel, either that or you may have accidentally scratched the inside of your nose with your fingernail.
    • Posted

The joys of being and anxious hypercondriact haha!.
  • Posted

It more than likely was not a blood clot. A blood clot wouldn't just "blow out" like that. A lot of things can cause blood in your nose to come out in a clump, but I doubt it was a blood clot. It was probably a clump of blood, or a significant amount of blood, it may have ever been in a chunk. The causes for this sort of thing are seemingly endless: raw nasal tissue, over blowing your nose, using tissues that are hard, not enough moisture in the air which causes dried out sinus cavities, and more. So, you shouldn't be worried, it happens!
  • Posted

Last night I blew a large clot from my nose, and then continued to blow large clots for about an hour and a half. I also had drainage so I had blood in my through tans spewtum as well. This morning nothing. I would feel I needed to blow and just get a clot then a few minutes later I needed to blow again. This can't be normal.

• Posted

I have been having a blood clot all the time in both nostrils when I blow my nose as I have a blood factor I was wondering why
  • Posted

exact same thing happened to me

dont know if you should be worried or not though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.