Nose bleeds & Naseptin - question ?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi just joined. I'm wondering if anyone has had Naseptin prescribed by their Doctor for a nose bleed and what happened ? It's something to do with staphylococci which cause scabs or crusts to form inside the nose and if scratched, as they shrink a bit, start to bleed. I've been using Naseptin for about 4 to 6 weeks now without any success and wondered if there's anyone who is or has been in the same boat what their experiences were too ?

The reason I ask is because I tried an experiment last week using good old fashioned "Germolene" instead, the pink antiseptic ointment which I've used for just about everything else possible down the years, and so far it seems to be working !

Looking forward to any thoughts or replies....

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much for posting on here. I have been suffering with the same problem for months. Naseptin

not helped, tried various sprays and still not worked. After reading your post bought a tube of Germolene and the condition has cleared within 2 days. Thank you

• Posted

My doctor prescribed Naseptin after I had suffered several heavy nosebleeds, in May 2012. Since then I have used it on 4 or 5 occasions as soon as a 'show' of blood appeared; these did not develop into a proper bleed. I don't know how it works, but it does the job for me.
  • Posted

Naseptin worked for my 3 1/2 year old daughter who suffered from heavy nosebleeds. It work for her, she hasnt have nosebleeds since.
  • Posted

I've been having nose bleeds for some time now and had the cream but without much effect. Eventually went to hospital and they found  I had some veins in tnside of my nose that required cauterising. Job done and sent away with a tube of the same cream.  Was told  not to blow my nose afterwards -  very difficult with a streaming cold on top of it all. Will have to see if the cream works if not I will try the Germoline. 
  • Posted

I have just been prescribed Naseptin by my GP! I have nasal congestion & a very red lining to both nostrils which dont give pain! But do bleed slighty first nose blow of the day! Apart from not having medical training I'll stick with Naseptin & give the "Germolene" a miss! I'll let you know in a few days how I have fared!

Best Regards

• Posted

mine is exactly like yours , it also bleeds when I blow it first thing, I suffer with catahh as well, which I think is all connected, I've been using naseptin for 7 days, it's been better than it originally was, but still noticing pinky blood will go back to docs on Friday as the 10 day treatment will be up then, will ask the doctor about the germolene, if that works all well and good.

• Posted

also the doctor told me to put it right up my nose where it's red, does anyone else put it elsewhere, thank you.

• Posted

A couple of years ago I had a massive nosebleed which resulted in me having to stay in hospital with tubes up my nose to moisten the inside. Turns out it was due to my nose being very dry, which it still is.  I was given Naseptin when I was leaving and told to put some on the end of a thumb and finger and to then transfer this to the bottom of my nose, but not inside.  It does the trick in that as soon as I breathe it in it opens my nostrils lessening the dryness and totally takes away the resulting headache.  I wouldn't be without it.
    • Posted

i find naseptin cream good and also a we bit of vasaline moisturises the nostral,i have had my nose cotterised in the past.
    • Posted

what do they do when they cortterise. it.

• Posted

hi Jonno, I am wondering about your symptoms. I get this too, in my case caused by an auto immune inflammatory disorder. What works wonders for me is spraying a steroid nasal spray over the affected area. Not sniffing it up the nose, merely spraying over the crusty part. It is a standard treatment for inflammatory disorders. I didn't just make it up myself or anything. Does your nose feel sore and burning at all??

• Posted

Hi, I've got the same problem as you, been using naseptin to no avail, my nose still bleeds when I blow it, in the past I've blown my nose and have had scabs come out,

please excuse my ignorance do you put the germolene, right inside your nose. thank u for your time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.